Mystery Parts?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
quizmaster

Re: Mystery Parts?

Post by quizmaster »

John if you carry this thread on much longer you are going to put my quiz out of business! (Duncan is usually a top performer in the quiz so the latest part may well be the mudguard/Jampot bolt)
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

The nuts are either 016712 nut top pivot bolt or 023601 nut bottom pivot bolt - both for the rear suspension units and as Duncan says, the top ones also retain the rear mudguard to the frame.
Damper Nut.png
I have still to discover why there are two part numbers as the components are identical as far as I can tell.

Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave T_LAPSED

Post by Dave T_LAPSED »

LEFT and RIGHT ? :D
Andy51

Post by Andy51 »

The sleeve nuts are 3/8 BSC (cycle) thread. Andy
cfaber

Post by cfaber »

Mick D wrote:Hi

The nuts are either 016712 nut top pivot bolt or 023601 nut bottom pivot bolt - both for the rear suspension units and as Duncan says, the top ones also retain the rear mudguard to the frame.
Damper Nut.png
I have still to discover why there are two part numbers as the components are identical as far as I can tell.

Regards Mick
Thanks this appears to be the case. I just pulled one off the bike and they're identical. I wonder why the previous owner ended up with a second set of these things.
Fix it until it's broken!

Otherwise how will
anything get done?
clive

Post by clive »

easy i bought 3 mag platforms off ebay forgetting each time that i already had the one i needed. Cannot resist a bargain!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
cfaber

Post by cfaber »

clive wrote:easy i bought 3 mag platforms off ebay forgetting each time that i already had the one i needed. Cannot resist a bargain!
Which is why i now own 3 extra rear wheel stud bolts :rofl:

Otherwise how will
anything get done?
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Wow!

On the spacer behind engine shaft shock absorber sprocket, don't forget that the spacer for the Burman differs from the AMC. I swapped the PO AMC for Burman, wasn't happy and put the AMC back in and have two of these spacers as a result; hope I have the right one on but the chain run was checked and is good.

Glad to read it's not just me with ordering stuff I already have. Many's the time. I thought I need new Jampot top mounting bolts, look at my orders on Jampot Spares and see I relatively recently ordered them. I don't recall receiving them let alone where I put them.

Johnny B
cfaber

Post by cfaber »

How about these items here? They were in with the petcocks in an old smokes tin

Some kind of jets?

Oil strainer?

Otherwise how will
anything get done?
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Top picture is of petrol tap parts, bottom one is oil tank filter which slides up into the spigot on the tank on the feed side.