Mystery Parts?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
cfaber

Re: Mystery Parts?

Post by cfaber »

ajscomboman wrote:Top picture is of petrol tap parts, bottom one is oil tank filter which slides up into the spigot on the tank on the feed side.
Maybe for some bike but not this one. These are way too big for that. the smaller of the two fits an SAE 5/16th wrench, the other a witworth 3/8th wrench. Neither of these fits the taps on the tank.

Additionally the two petcocks I have already have strainer screens on them. So I'm thinking this is for something else.
Fix it until it's broken!

Otherwise how will
anything get done?
cfaber

Post by cfaber »

Here's an example of what I mean, these are the two petcock assemblies which came with the bike next to the mystery screen and fittings

Otherwise how will
anything get done?
cfaber

Post by cfaber »

cfaber wrote:Here's an example of what I mean, these are the two petcock assemblies which came with the bike next to the mystery screen and fittings
Although looking now, it does appear the smaller fitting is similar to the petcock lower fitting on the right

Otherwise how will
anything get done?
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

As Ajscomboman said:

The screen filter fits inside the delivery pipe outlet in the oil tank - it's clearly illustrated in the user manuals.

The threaded hex parts are the hexes either side of the plunger hex on the fuel taps you have - the nipple locates a sealing washer and the longer threaded portion is how the taps are configured for differing applications.

Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

cfaber wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:Top picture is of petrol tap parts, bottom one is oil tank filter which slides up into the spigot on the tank on the feed side.
Maybe for some bike but not this one. These are way too big for that. the smaller of the two fits an SAE 5/16th wrench, the other a witworth 3/8th wrench. Neither of these fits the taps on the tank.

Additionally the two petcocks I have already have strainer screens on them. So I'm thinking this is for something else.
I didn't say they were for your bike, only what they actually are. :D
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:
cfaber wrote:

I didn't say they were for your bike, only what they actually are. :D
Why waste your time :headbang: :headbang:
Roy