Escape to France

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
G15 Roy

Re: Escape to France

Post by G15 Roy »

clive wrote:First night Cailly-sur-Eure second night Beaugency beside the Loire. Will try to upload some photos later but for now we are late getting out of our room.
I hope you both enjoyed the layin. :o
Roy
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Pharisee wrote:You have to wear 'approved' gloves now...
I've approved all my gloves.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Clive, you've no idea how much better I feel when I read that others can drop the motorcycle when getting off.

Did it on the Matchless on the way back from Dutch International the other year. Not to mention Germany on the way to Danish International and in the garage 3 miles away on the start ofmy trip to Celles sur Belle. Hope that's the worst that happens for you from here on!

By the way, I'm also using "oversize" tryes but no problems with the rear, need to let air out of the front tyre to get the wheel out though.

Enjoy reading the en route posts, keep 'em coming.

Johnny B
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Rob

"Driving in Europe after Brexit
If the UK leaves the EU without a deal on 31 October 2019, you might also need an IDP to drive in all EU and European Economic Area (EEA) countries, apart from Ireland. Check if you'll need an IDP."

https://www.gov.uk/driving-abroad

So not actually required yet - some IDPs last for 12 months others 3 years or until UK licence expires, whichever comes first.

Johnny B
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

The Italians have clamped down on all the foreigners living in Italy, making them register their cars at a cost of about 1,000 Euro, plus changing driving licences again at a cost. At the International school where my daughter is a teacher, the car park is full of cars waiting for the authorities to issue the Italian plates. She is not affected as she bought an Italian registered car when she first arrived.
clive

Post by clive »

Hey ho. Tried to upload some photos but it is coming up with the uploaded file is empty. May be the way I am doing it or the website. We arrived at our destination of Argenton-sur-Creuse at about 4 pm yesterday. Will try photos again later.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
clive

Post by clive »

So the first pic is of my redesigned three finger operation clutch.
20190412_133813_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive
clive

Post by clive »

Now some on route photos mostly stops to allow rear end recovery so i cannot say where!
The bridge is over the Loire in Beaugancy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive
clive

Post by clive »

Oops the Loire Bridge was missed out. Also the view from our window in the house we are staying. It took us 3 days to take the ferry and travel 300 or so miles. We used back roads which were virtually empty and required vehicles passing each other to drive half off the road. At one stage over 21 miles i counted 5 cars , one van, a lorry, a tractor, and 2 bicycles. Average speed low as there were more villages, with 30km limits and steep ramps, than there was traffic.
20190412_153258_resized_1.jpg
20190411_190048_resized.jpg
clive
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

So different from the M25 etc. sights I see. Enjoy.