International Jampot

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
39speedtwin

Re: International Jampot

Post by 39speedtwin »

Many thanks to Colin and his team of 3, pity about the weather on Saturday and for those riding home on Monday.
Even in the van it was slow going when the heavens opened near Ipswich!
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Well done Colin, Janet and Ann (without an 'e' ;) )

Most of Sussex contingent on the Saturday run to sunny Sheringham.
Sheringham.JPG
From the left: 'Thrifty' Peter Gibson (g80csp11), 'Resto' Ray (Ray Woolford), Peter Morris (Peter Morris), Ann Courtney, Christine Morris (Hon Sec), Lyn, Dick Leaver, Steve Courtney.

Christine brought a night comforter for 'Thrifty' but his delight was short-lived as he couldn't justify my very reasonable fee for a kettle of hot water :roll:
2019-06-07 001.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Many thanks Colin, Janet and Ann for all of your hard work, it was an excellent rally.

Peter & Christine
SPRIDDLER wrote: Christine brought a night comforter for 'Thrifty' but his delight was short-lived as he couldn't justify my very reasonable fee for a kettle of hot water :roll:
Think a glass of water would probably fill that Nev.
Grawding

Post by Grawding »

Many thanks Janet, Ann & Colin for running the IJR the East Riding section had a very enjoyable rally, Ruth and I even stayed down in Norfolk and Suffolk to see if the weather would improve :rofl: it didn't.

Arriving early Friday afternoon it was a challenge to find a parking/camping spot but the Hotels relaxed approach meant we parked and made home on a small stretch of grass adjacent to the entrance in the car park. What an excellent place to watch the comings and goings, seeing so many AJs and Matchies in one place :beer:

Sunday's run was excellent, helped massively by the weather, felt a little sorry for the car drivers who gave way on the narrow lanes for 100+ machines to pass but what's better than 20minutes watching classics motorcycles?

And finally the travelling volunteer marshals, brilliant job, worked really well.

My first rally and ready for more.

Glenn
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
Albert Einstein.
rumble

Post by rumble »

Grawding wrote:Many thanks Janet, Ann & Colin for running the IJR the East Riding section had a very enjoyable rally, Ruth and I even stayed down in Norfolk and Suffolk to see if the weather would improve :rofl: it didn't.

Arriving early Friday afternoon it was a challenge to find a parking/camping spot but the Hotels relaxed approach meant we parked and made home on a small stretch of grass adjacent to the entrance in the car park. What an excellent place to watch the comings and goings, seeing so many AJs and Matchies in one place Image

Sunday's run was excellent, helped massively by the weather, felt a little sorry for the car drivers who gave way on the narrow lanes for 100+ machines to pass but what's better than 20minutes watching classics motorcycles?

And finally the travelling volunteer marshals, brilliant job, worked really well.

My first rally and ready for more.

Glenn
Jampot in Horndean coming up Glenn www.jampot.com/hampshire/jampotrally2019

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Very pleased to read the rally was an enjoyable event. So much work goes into organising such events for our club by the few. Well done organisers. I would have liked to have taken up the offer to have help with entertainment. However, making a commitment a year in advance is not something I could do without considering I may not be able at the time. I ended up entertaining locally, with thoughts of popping up Sunday a.m. But, after a late night and couple of hours sleep. I had to accept, I am not up to the lifestyle of when I was younger anymore. Hope I can to get to Jampot rally.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Any one else get a nice letter from the Norfolk Constabulary today 38MPH in Thorpe Market. :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by G15 Roy on Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roy
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

Roy, you want to get yourself a single, they dont go that fast
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Was that on one of the runs or on your way home? If the former, which day? Bad luck in any case. Is there the option for death by speed awareness course?

My Chronometric seems to over read a bit compared with the sat nav app on the 'phone, so I tend to stick to what the speedo shows as a safety margin but the only thing is it lags a bit as well. Why don't you fit a wired bicycle gadget, I know several people have.

Sorry, stable door and all that.

Johnny B
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Run back to site on the Sunday. I am sure this was Peter Morris on a test ride as he want to buy the bike so i will give them his name :lol:
Roy