International Jampot

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
clive

Re: International Jampot

Post by clive »

I am waiting the post with baited breath! After the Boston Jampot a few years ago i was caught doing 39 in a 30 limit. Saw the camera but I thought it was a 40 mile limit. Did the speed awareness course and the only real tip i came away with was to drop down a gear when entering a 30 mph zone. It slows you down and the louder engine noise helps keep you below the limit. So I am hopeful that i may have missed a ticket!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Hertfordshire county council publish a free magazine called Biker. It can be viewed online. Its mainly about biker safety. A few years ago they published a map of all safety cameras, static and mobile. At present there is a "residents " watch monitoring traffic speed in the village. How do I know? It was announced on Roydon's Facebook page.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

clive wrote:I am waiting the post with baited breath! After the Boston Jampot a few years ago i was caught doing 39 in a 30 limit. Saw the camera but I thought it was a 40 mile limit. Did the speed awareness course and the only real tip i came away with was to drop down a gear when entering a 30 mph zone. It slows you down and the louder engine noise helps keep you below the limit. So I am hopeful that i may have missed a ticket!
I do not recall a Boston Jampot Clive. ??? I do not recall coming across one when in Boston I made spread sheets of all the rallies, venues trophy winners etc. So wonder if I have a correction to make. Perhaps I was only able to discover the actual venue, not the place or nearest town.
Last edited by Rob Harknett on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

39speedtwin wrote:It was the cheepo Indian clutch plates, when they get hot they weld together, didn't bother to separate them, put the originals back.
Peter I did do 2 1/2 runs, also did not miss a link!
Cor, all the moaning and groaning that you did about my service work when you got back!!! I bloody told you it'd be those nasty clutch plates and not my work. One day you'll listen to me and spend out on some proper decent clutch plates!!! Nine times out of ten transmission problems stem from the clutch and not the gearbox. With your crap clutch it's no wonder you've gone through so many gearboxes!!!
clive

Post by clive »

Just looked at my badge board and you must be right Rob. I can only think it was Bishop Auckland . I had to do the speed awareness course in Lincoln so i must have been nicked on the way home in Lincolnshire.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Thanks for your reply Clive. I was wondering if it was an AJR or I only managed source a venue name like Top Farm .
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

G15 Roy wrote:I here there was someone else from West London section got a ticket same place at just 35MPH there must be more don't be shy. :lol:
One more today but he was to embarassed to give me his name :roll:
Roy
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

are you sure it wasn't a second ticket for you Roy , don't be embarrassed to give their name
Janet

Post by Janet »

I've been away from home for most days since the rally so haven't had time to reply to this thread.
To return to the original subject, Thank you to the people who said kind things about the IJR. If you enjoyed the rally, we did our job successfully. Although not everything went without any problems, I think most, if not all, difficulties were overcome.

A final check of all the bookings showed that 202 people pre-booked, 12 of whom did not attend, plus an additional 43 who registered on arrival, resulting in a total of 233. People came from Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland and the UK.
rumble

Post by rumble »

Janet wrote:I've been away from home for most days since the rally so haven't had time to reply to this thread.
To return to the original subject, Thank you to the people who said kind things about the IJR. If you enjoyed the rally, we did our job successfully. Although not everything went without any problems, I think most, if not all, difficulties were overcome.

A final check of all the bookings showed that 202 people pre-booked, 12 of whom did not attend, plus an additional 43 who registered on arrival, resulting in a total of 233. People came from Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland and the UK.
You did well Janet. I just hope we can do as well at the Jampot as take up is a little slow at the moment. There is a little way to go yet though....

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk