Kursaal flyer's

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ChrisTheChippy

Kursaal flyer's

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Hi all
Had a great club meet at the Shepard and dog yesterday . The new section the Kursaal flyer's seems to be going from strength to strength with new and existing members turning up every month .
Unbelievable but I meet a old school friend there yesterday hadn't seen him for 45 years but we were able to chat like it was yesterday ! Got some news about other old friends too , some good news and some not so good . He has actually been a club member for about 3 years but never been to a club meet .
Good beer , great weather and good company what's not to like so if you are local and keep meaning to come down but for any reason keep putting it off please come down you will be assured of a warm welcome .
Thanks go to Kevin for starting all this .
Let the good times roll !!!!
Cheers Chris
ChrisTheChippy

Re: Kursaal flyer's

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Forgot to say non locals and everyone else welcome !!!!!!
Cheers Chris
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Wasn't The Kursaal Flyers a band in the 70's?
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Guess that's the South Essex ( Kursaal Flyers ) section. The Kursaal was a huge fun fair ( open park and under cover ) at Southend - on - Sea, Essex. The Kursaal Flyers were a one hit wonder's band from Southend on Sea. Little does she know, was the song title, which spent 10 weeks in the charts reaching no. 14 In 1976. A year later they dis - banded.
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

All good info Rob.
Kursaal flyers were more of a live gigging band so the chart hit was a bit of a fluke . Saw them live once and they did live up to their reputation for fantastic live performance .
Don't know why we don't seem to have many really good live bands about now . Watched the Killers at Glastonbury and it seemed to be a chaotic and lack luster performance . Mostly Brandon flowers singing in the wrong key .
Cheers Chris
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

5 Live Kursaals is one of my favourite live albums - still gets played regularly
Kursaals.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.