Pashley tricycle

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

Pashley tricycle

Post by 56G80S »

Well, I can't get Linda onto two wheels so I thought I'd try three.

Bought one through Fleabay. But there's a few odds and ends to sort out, not least the chain drive. Two chains, one to the hub gear and the other from the hub gear to the rear axle. Both are much too tight. I can use the split links (fitted incorrect way round) and add a link or two, but..........................

There should be a spring loaded adjuster on the front chain but it's missing. Rear chain appears to have no provision for adjustment.

There's no source of spares / manual and a search on Fleabay / Gumdrops came up blank.

Ironically, she's really pleased and wants to get out and ride the thing.

Any ideas?

Johnny B
SPRIDDLER

Re: Pashley tricycle

Post by SPRIDDLER »

My elder son bought one for his wife after trying a tandem (she can't balance on two wheels :? )

He also bought a Piaggio 3 wheel scooter for a 2,500 mile European tour as she wouldn't go on his Kawasaki.
CIMG0020 (640x480).jpg
56G80S wrote:There's no source of spares / manual and a search on Fleabay / Gumdrops came up blank.
According to the Pashley website:

How do I buy spares for my Pashley?

Spares for your Pashley cycle can be ordered in two ways. Your local Pashley dealer can order the spares for you, and assist in fitting them, or you can order some of our spares directly from our online store at http://www.pashleycollection.co.uk/spares. Please note: we recommend that you seek the assistance of a competent cycle mechanic if you are at all unsure of how to fit a spare safely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Cheers Sprid

I'd looked; website doesn't sell "real" spares and from looking at the standard stuf that is on there (like rear lights) they charge an arm and a leg.

Looks like I might be buying something meant for motorcycle, through Fleabay, and adjusting to fit.

Johnny B
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Where there's a will there's a way. I saw a chopper style mobility scooter Sunday towing an oblong trailer. Out of which the guy was running a car boot sale stall.