MAOC?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ChrisTheChippy

Re: MAOC?

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Great job Rob
Can't believe how much work you are doing on behalf of the club !
All for free too . I guess these things should be properly documented for future generations as part of British history and you must be commended for taking on the task .
Put me to shame but I freely admit I wouldn't have the organisational or technical skills to be able to do it.
Well done
Regards Chris
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I stopped working full time when the company I worked for went bust 9 years ago when I was 70 Chris, so have more time to spare now. I was offered another job but thought I would take time out to catch up on jobs at home. I am not so active physically now, but can still do a lot of useful work, leaving those able, to do the heavy work. I do other work also. Like giving talks on local history at my village school, which I attended myself back in the 40's / 50's. That is very rewarding. The kids show amazing interest, the very youngest asking the most questions. Also entertaining the old people. That's a laugh as most are younger than me.
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Oops, your right Rob, I put it as Motorcycle instead of Motor Cycle. didiyou know there were two Associated members in the 1960s? They were A1 Authur Lavington and A2, me. I became a full member some time later when I got a G12. My membership number then was 112. I last that number between 1986 and about 1990 after I had been taken off the road by a Post office van and let my membership lapse.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

MikeM. wrote:Oops, your right Rob, I put it as Motorcycle instead of Motor Cycle. didiyou know there were two Associated members in the 1960s? They were A1 Authur Lavington and A2, me. I became a full member some time later when I got a G12. My membership number then was 112. I last that number between 1986 and about 1990 after I had been taken off the road by a Post office van and let my membership lapse.
I have no idea when we had or what were " Associated members " Mike. Was it some thing like family membership, the T & C's of which has changed a few times over the last 30 odd years.
Perhaps I will spot something about Associated members, as I scan year's 1965 / 1969. The magazine during that period was Landscape mid way between A5 & A4 sizes of todays paper. For that whole 5 years we only have photocopies, that appear to have been machine feed printed actual size on A4 paper. So I have to take every page into photo shop, to straighten all the pages, crop off all the mucky margin's and ring binder punch holes, so they will be seen as full A4 landscape pages and print full landscape. They went back to a portrait size in 1970's.
bjork

Post by bjork »

G15 Roy wrote:
clive wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:Not sure who may have posted this, I wonder if the person was suggesting we should change the club name. That would cost a lot of money. Everything AJS & MOC Ltd would have to change and the old be made redundant. Then start a new company. With no money, property, parts, members......
Its a wind up Rob. Very successful too, by one of the Club Directors! (Me
As a Club Director I hope you'll be reporting this advertising of your own wind up to the Advertising officer?
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
clive

Post by clive »

Duly noted Bjork :headbang:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix