Scottish rally

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

Scottish rally

Post by alanjennings »

Off to Scotland tomorrow! Might not come back, to get away from you know what!!? Any other English chaps going?
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Re: Scottish rally

Post by alanjennings »

Who says it always rains in Scotland? 6 days of good warm dry weather, 966 miles and the only problem with my 650 was I broke the cast centre stand in Edinburgh! Now where can I get a new one I wonder? Thanks to all who gave me hospitality en route and to the Scottish for a good " do! " :beer:
Alan [Morini] Jennings
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

alanjennings wrote:Who says it always rains in Scotland? 6 days of good warm dry weather, 966 miles and the only problem with my 650 was I broke the cast centre stand in Edinburgh! Now where can I get a new one I wonder? Thanks to all who gave me hospitality en route and to the Scottish for a good " do! " :beer:

I look forward to seeing your order come in to me. :rofl: :rofl:
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I concur that it was a brilliant weekend and Alan was very patient with me on the way up. I was going much too slowly, not realising that my speedo was over reading by about 5mph. Thought I was at at 56 - 60 and was in fact at 50 - 55!

Sorry to hear about the "extra strong" ex-police stand breaking.

Scottish hospitality excellent.

Johnny B
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

I went the opposite direction, I attended a Royal Enfield rally down in a little place called Pommeraie in the deux Sevres area of France, I trailered the Model 31 down and apart from a French owned Constellation it was the only genuine Brit bike there. Most of the food and drink provided was in the €65 charges this included the refreshments on the two runs. Weather brilliant, event enjoyed. Only problem was my lack of being able to speak French.