Ardingly Classic Show today. Part 1.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Ardingly Classic Show today. Part 1.

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Just a couple of pics, but not very crisp as my camera wasn't set quite right :oops:
It wasn't the main show where we set up our club stand and show around 20 bikes but a few of the Sussex section rode there....

Owen's latest acquisition, a 1941 G3L
Owen 1941 G3L.JPG
Thrifty Peter's recently finished 1969 G15CSR. One of the final batch which was shipped to S. Africa just before the Plumstead factory closed.
2019-07-14 Ardingly July 2019 028.JPG
Resto Ray's recent acquisition. 1962 G15/45 CSR. One of only 62 known to exist from the 212 made. Returned from U.S.A. in 1998. Featured in Classic Bike mag Feb 2018.
2019-07-14 Ardingly July 2019 030.JPG
Couple more in next post......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
g80csp11

Re: Ardingly Classic Show today. Part 1.

Post by g80csp11 »

My G15CSR is in bits again , inlet tappets are a bit noisy . still trying to get the carburation set up . 2 potential new members so its always worth attending local shows.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

g80csp11 wrote:My G15CSR is in bits again , inlet tappets are a bit noisy . still trying to get the carburation set up . 2 potential new members so its always worth attending local shows.

Bl**dy Hell that was quick, ain't you got a house to do up?

BTW G3C was exactly the same on the way home as it was on the way there, pig to start, ok for 1 mile, then no revs, so new plug, and carb fiddle, didn't work.... I'll try to get the carb apart in the week.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Peter Morris wrote:
g80csp11 wrote:My G15CSR is in bits again , inlet tappets are a bit noisy . still trying to get the carburation set up . 2 potential new members so its always worth attending local shows.

Bl**dy Hell that was quick, ain't you got a house to do up?

BTW G3C was exactly the same on the way home as it was on the way there, pig to start, ok for 1 mile, then no revs, so new plug, and carb fiddle, didn't work.... I'll try to get the carb apart in the week.
Sounds more electrical than carb Peter. I'd have good look at the points and timing first before diving into a carb strip.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Peter , check the petrol tank breather that usually causes the bike to stop due to starvation
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

g80csp11 wrote:Peter , check the petrol tank breather that usually causes the bike to stop due to starvation
Yep that's a good one as well, especially as you know he's been polishing it so much! :rofl:
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

ajscomboman wrote:
g80csp11 wrote:Peter , check the petrol tank breather that usually causes the bike to stop due to starvation
Yep that's a good one as well, especially as you know he's been polishing it so much! :rofl:

:rofl:

I thought of that on the way there so opened the (Monza type) fuel cap, didn't make any difference.
ray.woolford

Post by ray.woolford »

OK who put the drop of oil on the cardboard under my bike?
raffles

Post by raffles »

Probably not oil Ray the way you go at it it will be sweat
Tony