VMCC west kent run

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
39speedtwin

Re: VMCC west kent run

Post by 39speedtwin »

Be there on Friday following Roy and Steve.
Peter should I bring a spare speedo for your CS? Or has it stopped vibrating?
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Its the P11 that shakes the smiths speedo apart . they obviously dint do durability testing on P11's in the day . it will be interesting to see if the G15CSR is any better , so far 4 years and no speedo failures but actually only done about 100 miles
I thought your speedos would be covered under warranty against failure in service
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Right charging now sorted , a few too many wires on the genuine Lucas wiring loom on the light switch , extra wires removed and alternator stator to podtronics rectifier unit rewired . all appear to charge now.

next job left hand needle too rich on number 3 notch , a bit lean on number 2 . fitting shim under the clip later tonight to give notch 2.1/3

might make it yet 1.5 days to go
ray.woolford

Post by ray.woolford »

They say there's no fool like an old fool, well that's me today. Having decided to take the 600 twin to the West Kent Run thought better give it the once over, new rear chain, check the mag points, rocker clearance etc change the oils adjust the clutch and brakes. This morning thought better give it a run just make sure all ok! Started it up what a noise thought the thing was going to explode what could I have done. After several minutes of panic the penny dropped, I have just had a pair of hearing aids fitted due to a loss of hearing from my operation last year and they where amplifying the engine noise. So they came out straight away problem solved, as my lip reading skills are limited to words ending in "off" if you see me at the West Kent you'll have to shout at me
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

Whatever you do, DO NOT WEAR YOUR HEARING AID INSIDE YOUR CRASH HELMET. I forgot to take my aid off before putting my helmet on and nearly tore my ear off when removing my crash helmet. It 'don arf urt Mum'.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

g80csp11 wrote:Its the P11 that shakes the smiths speedo apart . they obviously dint do durability testing on P11's in the day . it will be interesting to see if the G15CSR is any better , so far 4 years and no speedo failures but actually only done about 100 miles
I thought your speedos would be covered under warranty against failure in service

My G15 doesn't kill speedo's, but it's only a CS, it may well be the ‘R' that kills them. 😂 Got to work tomorrow now so won't be there until late afternoon. 🙄
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

I think the G15CSR might miss another west kent run . there is always next year . out with the P11 again
perhaps the G15 might make the Jampot . I hope its worth it when its fixed
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Could this be the longest rebuild ever?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Peter Morris wrote:Could this be the longest rebuild ever?
Thrifty Peter doesn't rush things. He's had a part restored G80CS in his dining room untouched for at least 10 years.
CIMG4729 (640x480).jpg
It has to be in there as there's no room in the kitchen......
CIMG4725 (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Neville those picture are so old they should be in black and white