VMCC west kent run

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Re: VMCC west kent run

Post by SPRIDDLER »

g80csp11 wrote:Neville those picture are so old they should be in black and white
The same as the G80CS then. ;)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

Did the West Kent yesterday on my Ajay trials bike. Did about 120 miles altogether and had a great day. The bike was very well behaved but I got home with some aches in places I did not know I had, a couple of pints of internal medication at the Plough seemed to ease that problem
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Very good weekend and well organised. It's a shame that you get some think is a race meeting especially the Pratt from Holland on the BSA rocket 3 with the chair that decided to over take 5 bikes down one of the narrow lanes. He should be banned from this event. Let's hope is is a member and reads this.
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

G15 Roy wrote:Very good weekend and well organised. It's a shame that you get some think is a race meeting especially the Pratt from Holland on the BSA rocket 3 with the chair that decided to over take 5 bikes down one of the narrow lanes. He should be banned from this event. Let's hope is is a member and reads this.
He probably thought he was doing great and was admired by all who he overtook.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

G15 Roy wrote:It's a shame that you get some think is a race meeting
Pot - Kettle - Black ???? :rofl: :rofl:
Racer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

G15 Roy wrote:Very good weekend and well organised. It's a shame that you get some think is a race meeting especially the Pratt from Holland on the BSA rocket 3 with the chair that decided to over take 5 bikes down one of the narrow lanes. He should be banned from this event. Let's hope is is a member and reads this.
You were not amused then? Same happens on a Jampot run as well. Last year I had some run up the inside of me, especially at junctions, one causing me to run into the rear of her Ladyship who was not best pleased with me! It was only a very light tap and the first time I've done so, but a pratt running up the inside was the last thing I expected at a junction. if it happens again, President or not, I'll throttle the person!!!!
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I've been rammed twice on a Jampot rally run. Each time at a junction, when the other rider claimed I stopped dead on my prewar AJS. On which the brakes were quite poor. The first time I was actually stationary, the other rider took my leg away that was standing on the road. Ended up on the road with the bike on top of me. Second time I was slowing down when my pillion passengers leg was rammed. We were throw sideways but managed to stay upright. Apparently the person who hit me was looking down at a rattle on his bike instead of where he was going. So I was not expected to be in his way.
clive

Post by clive »

Surely the greater crime is putting a chair on a Rocket 3 in the first place.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

Was that the 'gentleman' who was trying to do wheelies in the lunch stop car park? I think a few of us called him a very un Dutch name.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

I did not see that happen but if he was on the out fit then yes. If i was a VMCC member i would let the organizing team know and get banned him from next year.
Roy