AMOC Parts Service... a minor niggle.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Pharisee

AMOC Parts Service... a minor niggle.

Post by Pharisee »

I ordered, amongst other stuff, some new oil hose for my M18S. Checked on the website and part no. 900615 is described as '1/2" bore oil pipe for twin engines'. I figured that 1/2" bore pipe was 1/2" bore pipe so it would do equally well on my single. Turns out I was wrong. 1/2" bore pipe for twin engines is actually 3/8" bore and I received 4ft of 3/8" bore pipe although the invoice stated 1/2" bore.
I emailed AMOC spares and was told that 3/8" bore was the only size they stocked and if I didn't want it, I could return it for a refund.
All very well but why does the website state that #900615 is 1/2" bore when in fact it's 3/8" bore.
I surely can't be the only person that's fallen foul of that.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Martin.S

Re: AMOC Parts Service... a minor niggle.

Post by Martin.S »

Very annoying - especially as no doubt they had at the very least your e mail address and now you have to pay for the return!
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

The picture is an old one, the latest stock came from a well known supplier, however it appears that not all is correct. I'll ask the staff to check the remaining stock.

Sorry for the aggro John.
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

ajscomboman wrote:The picture is an old one, the latest stock came from a well known supplier, however it appears that not all is correct. I'll ask the staff to check the remaining stock.

Sorry for the aggro John.
Not a problem. Now sorted, thanks very much.
John
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.