Visual spares list

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
asterysk_usa

Visual spares list

Post by asterysk_usa »

I now need to catalogue all my parts , unfortunately the blasting/paint shop did everything in one batch and the nice labelled bag sets of separated parts is now just a jumble.

Thankfully I have the spreadsheet for my year but I am going to need some visual assistance to identify some parts , I can do this using the amoc-parts website by guessing with part numbers taken from the spreadsheet , searching for the part and looking at the image, however, I am wondering if there is a list somewhere which has the part numbers and images associated, then it just becomes a simple spreadsheet manipulation and I have a visual parts list specifically for my bike
1954 AJS 18S Cyprus export (frame decode says 1954 but many components match a 1955).
alanengineer

Re: Visual spares list

Post by alanengineer »

1st stop is your parts book, free on line tanks to christians archives.
The club spares scheme has started to photo the parts and that helps also
asterysk_usa

Re: Visual spares list

Post by asterysk_usa »

alanengineer wrote:1st stop is your parts book, free on line tanks to christians archives.
The club spares scheme has started to photo the parts and that helps also
Thats a great suggestion about the archives, I can do selections from the pdf's of each component where they have an exploded diagram

I have also sent an email to the spares scheme asking if its okay to use the photos , that would be quick.

It will be nice if the smartphone manufacturers get their 3D scanning technology out to market next year, I can then 3D scan everything and do a virtual exploded diagram ! I'll keep dreaming but it will eventually happen
1954 AJS 18S Cyprus export (frame decode says 1954 but many components match a 1955).