samples of the various dating certificates

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
asterysk_usa

samples of the various dating certificates

Post by asterysk_usa »

I was wondering if someone had samples of the various dating certificates listed as options on the club dating section.

There is a sample for the Certificate of Authenticity available but nothing for any of the following certificate options:

1) Certificate, valid for 1 year for DVLA purposes To obtain an age related number and V5 registration document

2)Certificate of Authenticity Suitable for framing and display, typically with matching numbers

3) Verification of year of manufacture To obtain exemption from MOT requirement

4) DATING LETTERS to assist with identification of miscellaneous frame, engine and gearbox numbers

The reason I'm asking, is that I'm trying to work out which ones will be the best for me to have for customs and registration of a vintage motorbike (not UK). I don't know yet exactly which country it will be going to, so looking to hedge my bets . I guess I could just go for a job lot and get every certificate but if they look similar that would be pointless.
1954 AJS 18S Cyprus export (frame decode says 1954 but many components match a 1955).
raffles

Re: samples of the various dating certificates

Post by raffles »

Why dont you just ask the club dating officer who just happens to also be our chairman
Tony
asterysk_usa

Post by asterysk_usa »

raffles wrote:Why dont you just ask the club dating officer who just happens to also be our chairman
Tony
I have already tried that but nothing forthcoming ! Was hoping someone on the forum has some examples.
1954 AJS 18S Cyprus export (frame decode says 1954 but many components match a 1955).
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

asterysk_usa wrote:
raffles wrote:Why dont you just ask the club dating officer who just happens to also be our chairman
Tony
I have already tried that but nothing forthcoming ! Was hoping someone on the forum has some examples.
I replied to your email yesterday and again this morning.
Roy
clive

Post by clive »

asterysk_usa wrote:
Tony
Steve please don't forget that the officers of the club are volunteers and sometimes have the rest of their lives interfering with club business. Also there is a time difference between the UK and Florida and they might just be asleep at the helm when you send your email. :rofl:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
asterysk_usa

Post by asterysk_usa »

clive wrote:
asterysk_usa wrote:
Tony
Steve please don't forget that the officers of the club are volunteers and sometimes have the rest of their lives interfering with club business. Also there is a time difference between the UK and Florida and they might just be asleep at the helm when you send your email. :rofl:

Whats this sleep thing ? we don't sleep over here , to busy riding motorbikes and working out who is going to be the next President , sleep isn't an option !!!
asterysk_usa

Post by asterysk_usa »

G15 Roy wrote:
asterysk_usa wrote:
Tony
I replied to your email yesterday and again this morning.
Found the email in spam , apologies ! I find the icloud spam filtering is very erratic