Rechroming recommendations please

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Rechroming recommendations please

Post by Plugsnpoints »

In Essex/Suffolk area.

Hockley Enterprises were mentioned and I was told they were very good. However I've tried to call them several times today and nobody answered.

Can anyone suggest a firm who are able to do a good job and won't lose bits, preferably in Essex/Suffolk area, but I am prepared to travel a little further afield.

There's only a handful of parts that I'd like doing. I can't find stainless or new chrome bottom fork covers so might have to get these replated. Unless someone knows where I could get some?

Thanks chaps and chapesses.

Andy
cbranni

Re: Rechroming recommendations please

Post by cbranni »

Hi Andy, the two I have used in the south of UK are Ashford Chrome Plating in Ashford and S and T in Bristol both do very good work but expensive and both will quote on an emailed photo which they stick to.

I have also used Quality Chrome in Hull who again very good, but be prepared to wait, if they quote six weeks it could be ten and the three companies were the same.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Plugsnpoints wrote:In Essex/Suffolk area.

Hockley Enterprises were mentioned and I was told they were very good. However I've tried to call them several times today and nobody answered.

Can anyone suggest a firm who are able to do a good job and won't lose bits, preferably in Essex/Suffolk area, but I am prepared to travel a little further afield.

There's only a handful of parts that I'd like doing. I can't find stainless or new chrome bottom fork covers so might have to get these replated. Unless someone knows where I could get some?

Thanks chaps and chapesses.

Andy
Most people who have used Hockley Enterprises down this way have not been happy with them!! I live 5 minutes away from them but chose not to use them when I had all of my Yam RD chrome done as I did use them on one occasion to get my Model 8 silencer done and that wasn't that good. I have since heard of good reports of a place in Benfleet but can remember the name
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
ksg

Post by ksg »

Hi the company in Benfleet is called Proplate ltd ph no 01268 752037
oldsmokey

Post by oldsmokey »

I used Ashford on some Model 31 parts and they started rusting after a few months of use. They need re-chroming badly now. Maybe just bad luck.
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Quick update on the chroming if anyone's interested.

I sent my bits off to Castle Chroming in Dudley in December. I have just received them today and the quality is spot on, better than expected. They're nice people to deal with too.

Andy