It just happened to me, be aware.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

It just happened to me, be aware.

Post by Rob Harknett »

I just had a dart charge notification, a crossing fee had been taken via my pay as you go account. I have couple of overseas motor cycle friends cars that visit me,on my account. Also elderly relatives that do not use the internet. I wondered who had made the crossing. When I checked it was my own car number. Someone has cloned my reg. no.? Got on to the police, they said they would do nothing, as it was a one off. I said, when I start getting all the speeding and parking fines I will have to prove it was not me. Police said contact the DVLA they will give you another reg. no. I said why should I have to do that. All the hassle and expense for new plates for my car and trailers, Plus insurance charges. I first got in touch with Dart Charge, complaining I had not made the crossing. The person said please wait while I investigate. This took quite some time. A reply came back, there was a system error, we will repay the fee charged to your bank. I said are you telling me your system made an error and charged my car number for a crossing, so my number had not in fact been cloned, answer yes. I found that quite remarkable, my reg no. number getting charged. I was reassured it was a system error. I am not really convinced, so guess I'll have to wait and see if I get more charges and various fines. However, if it happens to you, it may be a good idea to do as I did. Hopefully it will be another Dart Charge system error. ???
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Re: It just happened to me, be aware.

Post by Plugsnpoints »

That's a bit scary. Thanks for the notice.

I pop across there occasionally but don't have an account. I was fed up when my credit lapsed by a few weeks and I had to pay up again for a crossing.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Plugsnpoints wrote:That's a bit scary. Thanks for the notice.

I pop across there occasionally but don't have an account. I was fed up when my credit lapsed by a few weeks and I had to pay up again for a crossing.
One reason I chose, pay as you go, saves you having to top up your credit.

Post by 1608 »

I have an account and it tops up automatically ( so one can't forget )in 10£ lots. Its cheaper than pay as yo go too.