Today I have mostly been

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
JimFitz

Re: Today I have mostly been

Post by JimFitz »

spookefoote1956 wrote:Absolutely right Jim. Nothing wrong at all with Sunbeams, love 'em. It was the other "s" I was referring to i.e. parka trolley!
Ah that "s". Totally agree with you - I can't stand hair dryers either :D

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Boxing in pipes in the kitchen. Now she wants new tiles. When will I get back in the garage? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

........ doing the final tweaks to the nigh on 500 quid rebuild of my Panther crank :? New big end, both mainshafts and a full set of SKF roller and ball main bearings. I've managed (eventually) to get it true to within 1.5 thou, which Radco, in his Vintage Motorcyclist's Workshop, reckons should be OK. It means that I'll finally be able to begin the engine rebuild tomorrow. I got the cosmetics all done over the summer and left the engine as a 'winter treat'. On the plus side, I have saved on gym fees by repeatedly lifting well over 28lb of crankshaft in and out of the jig in order to massage it into shape with a lead-filled hammer :)
106a.jpg
Still a long way to go yet though. I'll hopefully have it rumbling through the Yorkshire Wolds this year. Serves me right for buying a complete, or rather incomplete, basket case I suppose.
89a.jpg
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

That's looking really nice GB. It'll be worth it in the end, (just think of all the money you can make on the side pulling tree stumps up for farmers....)
Didn't see you on sunday Spooky, I went on the MT350 for a couple of hours around midday.
Cheers Dave.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Yeah, I was there from about half eleven to just before two when it started raining again. We were in the car. Originally intended to go on the bikes but cried off. Mind you it's not too far for you from your location. The fellas who went from our area were rather moist, to say the least!
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein