Today my mate popped round to tell me

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ray.woolford

Re: Today my mate popped round to tell me

Post by ray.woolford »

Today my mate (next door neighour) popped round for his weekly do you remember session, which usually ends up with something like do remember Mick the Chippy well he's died. We are about the same age and used to hang out at the same places in our youth. Today I had just finished painting a tank and before I could get the words out " don't touch the tank its wet" he had put two great big finger marks on the top. Now that's the sort of thing Spriddler does when he comes round what is it with wet paint and fingers.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

I would have thought that Neville would drop fag ash, not use his fingers!
ray.woolford

Post by ray.woolford »

No he's on top of his game these days can do both and at the same time.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
spookefoote1956 wrote: I remember when I smoked and the ciggy tip blew off at great speed and ended up inside my lid keeping my ear warm. Happy days! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Happened back in my acne days on my Lambretta when wearing a loose Parka jacket - the hot tip went straight up my sleeve.
That's what happens when you ride round on a parka trolley! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Today my mate popped round to tell me he wanted to have a good go on my organ. Once I realised he meant the Yamaha keyboard I felt more comfortable! :rofl: :rofl:
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

39speedtwin wrote:I would have thought that Neville would drop fag ash, not use his fingers!
"Fake news, fake news. I just wanna make old bikes great again, make old bikes great again..... old bikes.......great again. Fake news, fake news".

Thrifty Peter keeps his '27 Ajay 350 in true oily rag condition (old monograde I believe).
CIMG4526 (640x480).jpg
CIMG4527 (640x480).jpg
It's amusing at shows to see the number of folk who can't resist touching the tank and then drift away sheepishly trying to wipe their grimy fingers on the inside of their trouser pockets.
CIMG4532 (640x480).jpg
Sadly it's off the road at the moment as the crankcase fractured when Peter hit a pothole whilst riding back from the event where I took the above photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

That's how it should look Neville, it's original and in my opinion nicer than the over restored ones, in the 1920's they did not come out of the factory shiny!
dodger

Post by dodger »

39speedtwin wrote:That's how it should look Neville, it's original and in my opinion nicer than the over restored ones, in the 1920's they did not come out of the factory shiny!
They didn't come out the factory looking like a rusty, oily just dug up look either.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

dodger wrote:
39speedtwin wrote:That's how it should look Neville, it's original and in my opinion nicer than the over restored ones, in the 1920's they did not come out of the factory shiny!
They didn't come out the factory looking like a rusty, oily just dug up look either.
Neither did you but we love you just the same you grubby wrinkly old git!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

At 93 years old I think my AJS H4 looks pretty good . Im just having 3 new big end assemblies manufactured . one for me and the other 2 to help others keep their bikes on the road. so if you need one let me know !
plan is to have it back on the road later this year . i will even service it and fit a new piston ( also made specially) , resleeved back to standard bore , new valves, con rod ( also specially made billet rod) , Just like triggers broom totally original with 3 replacement handles and 4 new heads
might even give the paint work a once over with used engine oil !