Get what we ask for - Lockdown

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

Get what we ask for - Lockdown

Post by 56G80S »

Well, I wasn't surprised tis morning when I heard the news.

Last weekend my village was packed with tourists, worse than the New Year Day Hunt. They were faces I'd not seen before (you get to vaguely recognise some visitors). In Victor's words, "I didn't believe it!" People in the village have been good at observing the guidance.

When the few bits arrive for the Yamaha I'll make my daily exercise a walk round to fit them. When I'll get out on it appears to be a moot point.

Perhaps I'll have to arrange a cover story with my elderly and ill step mother in law down at Leominster and then I can get out for a ride!

No chance of getting (or passing) infection sat on a motorcycle, helmet and riding gear. Even pay for petrol with a card at filling station.

I think I'll be out walking over the fields late at night. 30 metres to get over the river and into the fields with a small torch.

Controversial? I don't think so. I wouldn't come within 20 metres of another person let alone 2.

JohnnyB
Stan Palmer

Re: Get what we ask for - Lockdown

Post by Stan Palmer »

I wasn't surprised either . My son in Brighton reported great activity yesterday on the beach and seafront, and on the South Downs paths. Unfortunately he has said there is no change today. There a lot of people who don't believe or don't care. Stan
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

[quote="56G80S"

I think I'll be out walking over the fields late at night. 30 metres to get over the river and into the fields with a small torch.

JohnnyB[/quote]

The old late night walks to see the mistress just hope Linda dose not follow you. ;)
Roy
chappers1962

Post by chappers1962 »

Last edited by chappers1962 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Stan Palmer wrote:I wasn't surprised either . My son in Brighton reported great activity yesterday on the beach and seafront, and on the South Downs paths. Unfortunately he has said there is no change today. There a lot of people who don't believe or don't care. Stan
Those knobheads are putting most of my family at risk as they are key workers; which in turn puts me more at risk as I'm type 1 diabetic.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
willowbedone

Post by willowbedone »

Let's hope the old bill dish out a few heavy fines to those idiots who believe they are immune to this .Hear in Hastings it was quieter than yesterday but loads of cars driving about .Maybe shopping or looking after older relatives
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

"or looking after older relatives"

What, well insured ones in the hope of a payday?

I intend to follow the regulations, in broad terms. There's an element of commonsense. Going out for a late night walk (you're wrong, Roy, if i'd wanted to play away I'd have used squash matches as an excuse long ago) in a rural area with almost no likelihood of seeing let alone getting within 2 metres of someone else is a risk to no-one. I've no wish to inflict this on someone else or myself.

Driving back with the Yamaha on tow (before current regs in place) there was an interesting interview with a doctor of 60 years who had contracted the virus. She'll be back at work this week, all well. The point is that she described it's effects. It was very unpleasant, exceedingly might be a better word. Those who think that they're young and it won't kill them may have a nasty shock in store. Conceited, as I am, my respiratory and cardio-vascular health is very good but it's the immune system that counts and the ability to produce adequate white blood cells; this drops off with age.

Chris, I hope you stay safe and healthy. You and Neville grace the Forum with too much humour to be lost.

JohnnyB
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

56G80S wrote: I intend to follow the regulations, in broad terms. There's an element of common sense.
Don't encourage me, John. But talking of common sense...……….

I asked the girlfriend earlier if she'd put a nurse's outfit on.
"You saucy rascal", she giggled.
"No, no," I said...……. "We need some bread".
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I just said to Mrs Spookefoote that due to these uncertain times she might like to try and do something different in the bedroom tonight. She looked intrigued and enquired as to what my kinky mind had thought up. So I told her "STOP SNORING!!!!!"
snore.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

spookefoote1956 wrote:I just said to Mrs Spookefoote that due to these uncertain times......
In a similar (bored silly) vein..….
Since I'm in the vulnerable group (in the lungs, not the brain :roll: ) and it seems there'll be a shortage of ventilators I've invented these:
Endohope 3 (640x489).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'