Get what we ask for - Lockdown

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

Re: Get what we ask for - Lockdown

Post by Rob Harknett »

We English are feeling the pinch in relation to the recent virus threat and have therefore raised our threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, the level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” We have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time we issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
004 (640x480).jpg
Is that the dog Nev? Those little legs are NEVER going to be at my gaff in 72 hours (believe me, I know), let me know when you are leaving and I'll put the biscuits in the garage 4 days after, add 72 hours to that and we should be fine, after all, we don't wan't to leave them in there too long now that 'Thrifty Peter' knows about them.

In hindsight, maybe I should email you directly, probably as few people know about the biscuits the better, I have CCTV, alarms and all sorts but if there's a quid to be saved............. (sorry Pete)

If all of this doesn't tempt you to come and stop my oil drips, let me know and I'll get Christine to YouTube how to do a bread pudding, I'm absolutely positive it won't be as good as Mel's, but at least you'll get some sort of a ration, and as long as she don't make me eat it, all will be good.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Rob Harknett wrote:We English are feeling the pinch in relation to the recent virus threat and have therefore raised our threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, the level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” We have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time we issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.
Bloody nuisance level Rob...... things are worse than I thought!

I apologise if anyone thinks I am being too flippant, I am fully aware of the situation and am acting accordingly as instructed, this is my way of dealing with it.

Peter
Expat

Post by Expat »

Rob Harknett wrote:We English are feeling the pinch in relation to the recent virus threat and have therefore raised our threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, the level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.” We have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time we issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bloody brilliant Rob.
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
bob121

Post by bob121 »

Finally found a builders merchant that is still deliveries. Put my order on last, just got to wait for the call back to confirm and pay. They drop off, photo the delivery and make haste. Hopefully can get some more done in the garden next week. If only I could find a skip company running to get rid of the mountain of rubbish I've created in the last week.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Having a bit of a garage clearing! I expect the " tip" is shut but hopefully the dustbins will still get emptied! Keep calm and carry on!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Is that how you bath the dog Neville?
bob121

Post by bob121 »

Delivery confirmed for Thursday. Our bins are being emptied as normal except for the green bins. They have been suspended until further notice to be able to deal with the normal household waste. Our tips are shut, obviously. But doesn't matter anymore as I've probably piled up close to 2 tonnes of rubbish/rubble/garden waste. I have probably already taken that much to the tip over the last few months. It'll have to be a skip by the time we start functioning again.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

39speedtwin wrote:Is that how you bath the dog Neville?
Well, since you ask...……..

It helps, Diddley, as he's not too keen on a shower.
Shower (580x326).jpg
......….then we start all over again.
Wolstonbury Hill (640x360).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Peter Morris wrote: Is that the dog Nev? Those little legs are NEVER going to be at my gaff in 72 hours (believe me, I know),
As you say, Peter, the dog's not the only one who's a bit lacking in the leg department.
Little legs Ardingly March 2018.jpg
And a couple of Hampshire lads are the same.
Hants short Dave and Duncan (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'