Keep Classic mags going!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
lawrence

Keep Classic mags going!

Post by lawrence »

In these straitened times business is difficult for all traders. It's especially perilous for our small bike mags. One of these is RealClassic. They have always been very supportive of classic clubs, including ours. Now, their advertising revenue has dropped off a cliff. Why not have a look at subscribing: it's a great and varied magazine with a charm of its own.
https://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/subs ... al-classic
Subscribers can join their Facebook group and they organise meet-ups through the year at interesting places (not currently, obvs….). Subscribe now and make sure they are still here for 2021…. Please.
Ps. I have no commercial link with them, they are just a lovely helpful couple. They gave me a LOT of assistance when I was volunteering on Jampot magazine. Feel free to spread this around!
MalcW

Re: Keep Classic mags going!

Post by MalcW »

I agree entirely. I've been subscribing for a couple of years, and it's a great read. I also had the pleasure of meeting Frank and Rowena at Shepton Mallett this year, before all this kicked off. Very nice couple.

Malc
ajsm18

Post by ajsm18 »

I've subscribed to Real Classic from issue #1 and it is my favourite of all of the classic mags. Before that, I subscribed to Classic Bike Guide from when Frank started that. Really lovely people and Frank is obviously an AMC fan to boot. His novels are good as well!
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

Already a subscriber :beer:

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

I first met Frank in about 1977. We (NW section) were on a run and were visiting Mouldsworth Motor Museum in Cheshire. Frank rode up on his 1953 Model 20. He joined our section, then the Cheshire and North Wales, eventually becoming editor of the magazine. He was always riding with his friend Jim Forrester who also became editor after Frank.
I always enjoyed CBG but I too moved to RealClassics. Best mag by far.
Dave.
Rosy

Post by Rosy »

Subscriber, great magazine.
Chazzyb

Post by Chazzyb »

I've been a subscriber to RC since around issue 8 or so. The comic has been owned and published by Mortons for a good few years now, with Frank and Rowena (The Cosmic Bike Company), I guess, contracted to edit and compose it for the publishers.
Charles