Real Classic

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
spookefoote1956

Real Classic

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Just been told that "The Beast" is in this month's Real Classic. Woo Hoo! :D :D :D
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
cbranni

Re: Real Classic

Post by cbranni »

Something to look forward to then, cheers.
only dead fish go with the flow
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Excellent! For me one of the strengths of that excellent mag is that it features Real People and their Real Projects, although since Mortons acquired it some of the casual 'shed chat' and spontaneity seems to be missing. Still the best read though.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Which Beat would that be ? Just googled it and found an American Honda chopper, a new Triumph and some electric bikes. Can't think any of them are Classics.
Stan
spookefoote1956

Stan Palmer wrote:Which Beat would that be ? Just googled it and found an American Honda chopper, a new Triumph and some electric bikes. Can't think any of them are Classics.
Stan
Beast Stan, Beast ;) ;)
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Ok, got it now, searched this forum. Should have thought of that before. Beat was a typo on here, not google. Bike looks good, perhaps I will have to register for Real Classic, already fed up with gardening and chasing oil leaks.
Stan
Expat

Post by Expat »

I've been trying to get Classic Bike mag through a distributor over here, Motorsportx, but after a couple of issues last year delivery stopped. Don't think I've seen Real Classic but it sounds a good mag.

As a replacement, I'm assuming because nobody answers the phone or multiple emails I sent, they kept sending me Classic Motorcycle Mechanics which is okay I suppose but not my choice of regular reading.

Delivery of that has dried up now, not because of the Apocalypse coz it stopped way before that took over the planet.

Thank heavens good old Jampot has stayed faithful, many thanks to all that make it happen.

Stay safe, Steve.
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
spookefoote1956

Here you go Steve. You can get it posted or digital. The good thing about the mag isn't about bikes being perfect specimens just perfect for their owners.

https://www.real-classic.co.uk/
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Might just give it a go myself. Ive just SORNed the R100RT winter bike and theres no point taxing either of the other modern ones (just put a new battery on the Bonnie too :x ).
Ive also SORNed my van as we only need that really for sleeping in at the sailing club up at Kielder and thats closed off too. May as well use the saved brass for something I suppose. At least Ive got the oldies to use for any urgent needs. Will a 4 pint bottle of milk fit in a G80 tool box? And will it have turned to butter by the time i get home? :roll:

Steve
Expat

Post by Expat »

spookefoote1956 wrote:Here you go Steve. You can get it posted or digital. The good thing about the mag isn't about bikes being perfect specimens just perfect for their owners.

https://www.real-classic.co.uk/

Cheers Chris, I'll take a look at that. Mind you, got to start watching the pennies (or cents!) a bit now.

I'm still working full time but the wife's florist shop has just been shut down :(
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)