Sussex, Virtual Club Night

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Peter Morris

Sussex, Virtual Club Night

Post by Peter Morris »

Christine organised a virtual Club night this evening on Zoom (similar to Skype) 10 members managed to work out how to do it in time for the 'meeting' (Peter G was incognito) and we all had a good laugh and catch up.

She is organising another next Weds, and I will contact those that didn't manage to hook up this evening with the offer of assistance.

Might be an idea for other sections.

Stay safe
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ray.woolford

Re: Sussex, Virtual Club Night

Post by ray.woolford »

Big thanks to Christine for last night's virtual meeting it worked much better than I imagined it turned out to be a great moral booster. I recommend other sections to try it.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Yes well done Christine, I have used Zoom to contact both of my children, daughter in Rome and son 400 yards away.
Posted this on our section round robin email but up to now now one has commented.
Keep well in Sussex, ‘Sprids' has Ben quiet is he ok?
Dudley
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

All's well here thanks, Diddley.
I had intended to join the Section's Virtual Huddle last night but gave up after loading 'Zoom' as it made my laptop go slower than a Sunday Run.
Anyway, teatime was a bit fraught as I had to keep an eye on my neighbour's bolshie 8 yr old son whilst she took his 6 yr old sister to A&E. She had swallowed one of the lad's 'best' marbles after putting it in her mouth 'to clean any virus off'. I had calmed the lad down a bit but he threw a right old wobbler when they came back and his mum told him not to worry as the nurse had said he would get it back in due course. Kids, eh?

I gather that one of Christine's cats asked her if she wanted the telly left on when it went out.
Keep Karma and carry on!
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
I had intended to join the Section's Virtual Huddle last night but gave up after loading 'Zoom' as it made my laptop go slower than a Sunday Run.
Christine has booked another slot for Wednesday, same time (8pm).

"To join in, download the Zoom app in advance.

Then to join the meeting, Open Zoom US

From the 4 options available select the join button and press it.

It will ask you for the meeting ID. This week it is 942 251 642

Unless you are also a secret spy you will want to enable your camera and microphone to get the full benefit.

Hope to see more of you then."

Just a natter and a laugh, everyone welcome, not just Sussex members.... the more the merrier.

Peter
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Meeting will be limited to 40 minutes Peter, unless you have paid for the ‘Executive' package. Although my daughter told me that Zoom had removed this because of the virus.
Interesting to see how many join in, what is the maximum number of participants it can take?
You may get hundreds!
Normally this Wednesday I would be at the VMCC Essex meeting.
Dudley
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

39speedtwin wrote:Meeting will be limited to 40 minutes Peter, unless you have paid for the ‘Executive' package. Although my daughter told me that Zoom had removed this because of the virus.
ISTR that in her follow-up email Christine said that after the 40 mins was up Zoom extended the session automatically.

Anyway, since the 'meeting' starts at 8 p.m. it's bed time for most after 40 mins. ;)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

39speedtwin wrote:Meeting will be limited to 40 minutes Peter, unless you have paid for the ‘Executive' package. Although my daughter told me that Zoom had removed this because of the virus.
Interesting to see how many join in, what is the maximum number of participants it can take?
You may get hundreds!
Normally this Wednesday I would be at the VMCC Essex meeting.
Dudley
The More the merrier Dudley, we can have up to 100 participants.

We are new users of Zoom and as a first time host (last time) we got a message saying we could carry on talking with unlimited time. When the meeting finished Zoom emailed Christine saying as new users, if she booked another meeting within 3 days, it would again have unlimited time... so she booked it straight away for this Weds 8pm. They are like drug dealers trying to get us hooked :rofl:

If it comes to it, it's only 12 quid well with it just to speak to people from outside the 4 walls!

You going to join us on Weds?

Peter
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

As long as I remember, getting old like Spridds!
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Only just started using Zoom for work. Seems to be good.

Johnny B