Sussex, Virtual Club Night

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
g80csp11

Re: Sussex, Virtual Club Night

Post by g80csp11 »

if we were discussing matters of state , or company secrets then a more secure conferencing method may be needed . in reality its a social meeting where we only talk about motorbikes and less important stuff . this does not present a risk to any of the participants
happy that any one can join the meeting , and if it gets out of hand then Christine can ban anyone she want to

If I log in with my lap top , then it has a camera , but I will have to tidy up anything behind me !
Last edited by g80csp11 on Tue May 05, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

56G80S wrote:Watch out for the Zoombombers.

Johnny B
To over come the Zoombombers I have book the Morris,s virtual B&B for one night. :lol:
Roy
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

All I meant was that it can prove disruptive, not that you would release any secrets!

Coincidently, in one of my jobs I was required to sign the Official Secrets Act.

Johnny B
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

56G80S wrote:All I meant was that it can prove disruptive, not that you would release any secrets!

Coincidently, in one of my jobs I was required to sign the Official Secrets Act.

Johnny B
Are you allowed to tell us that? :o
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Yes, being a signatory isn't a secret in itself.

Somehow in changing room chatter at the squash club the topic came up and one of the chaps I'd known for years is also bound by the Act.

Johnny B
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

The nearest I got to secrets was as a Junior Clerk at Brighton Borough Surveyor's Dep't. Every year when the new telephone directories came out I had to go round each of the approx 80 offices and give a new one to all who could produce their old one. I then had to bag them up in sacks, attach a 'Confidential Waste' label, seal them with a crimp and accompany them in a lorry to the council tip and observe them being buried.
It made a change from my daily responsibility of collecting all the ink wells, washing them out, refilling them with red or black ink (only the Chief Clerk also had green ink) and changing the nibs in all the pens.
I didn't last there for long for various reasons, too far off topic for elaboration but which included refusing to fetch the Boro' Surveyor's lunch on a tray with half a bottle of wine from a nearby restaurant and getting caught lowering a phone on a length of string to a pal's window and phoning him on his internal phone to tell him there was an 'outside' call, but unfortunately the Chief Clerk's secretary was in there.
However, I digress.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I worked at the Old Lady, Threadneedle Street. Not to mention ICI, Thomson Newspapers, managing a training centre, several schools and some colleges and any other job I could get to bring in money. I mean ANY legal job. Twice worked as a sales rep, cleaner porter, caretaker, teacher, grant fund manager and finally (can't count North Yorks) in economic development policy frequently working directly with the CEO and Leader of Durham County Council.

By heck, I ended up spending over 20 years in local goverment but twas never like Spriddlers experience!

Correction, when I stopped working for County Durham and took a job with North Yorkshire (slightly more money and halved my daily commute, down from 76 miles to 36 miles) it seemed like stepping back 25 years. Just about the worst job move I ever made. Thing is I had gone to sleep more than once driving back down from Durham. I was usually one of the first to arrive at County Hall, often worked late and brought a lot of work home. Durham was a good authority trying very hard to do the best for it's residents.

Johnny B
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

56G80S wrote:Watch out for the Zoombombers.

Johnny B
I have appointed Neville as head of security in the case of any Zoombombers turning up, shhhhh, I haven't told him yet.

He is definitely the man for the job, I am sure any bombers would be politely asked to leave.... I'd be useless at it, those that know me know that I am severely lacking in the diplomacy and tact departments.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

G15 Roy wrote:
To over come the Zoombombers I have book the Morris,s virtual B&B for one night. :lol:
What happened Roy? Christine made up the virtual bed for you and spent ages cleaning the virtual en suite bathroom.

We had a good meeting, a good laugh.... it was good to be joined by Ian and Shirley, Dudley, and Rob and Mandy (even though we couldn't see them).... there's always next time.

P.S. We were even able to see Peter G this evening.... first time yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Sorry I did try to cancel my booking but it was virtually impossible to get there due to 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
Roy