Wassell seats

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Greybeard

Re: Wassell seats

Post by Greybeard »

Thanks, guys. Something to ponder over. I'm considering a slightly longer seat on the Golden Flash (a plunger job) to make it more comfortable two-up. I shall drop him a line in due course.

Steve
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

although i have to say that for a goldstar the wassell seat is cosidred by many as better than leighton, so as always check what other think
Steve Harding

Post by Steve Harding »

Thanks for all the replies, will go with the Leighton suggestion

Steve
Brad

Post by Brad »

I bought a Wassell seat for my G80. Front brackets were welded on way off centre. Rear mounting holes totally wrong. Biggest load of rubbish I have ever bought.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. ;)
ray.woolford

Post by ray.woolford »

I think there's quite a few of us with a Wassell seat hanging up in the workshop that doesn't fit anything be interesting to know which model they used as a pattern. I always smile when I see one on an autojumble stall for sale.
BRobbo

Post by BRobbo »

When I enquired late last year Leightons weren't making the CSR seat.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Steve Harding wrote:Thanks for all the replies, will go with the Leighton suggestion

Steve
Good move. I have d several seats from them and they have all been spot on. Very helpfull people and if you tell them the correct make, model and year of a machine they have the knowledge and experience to produce the correct seat for pretty much any bike. I'm not a fan of coloured piping on the seats for my bikes and if asked they will use a piping to match the seat colour. I would give them 10 out of 10 for service and quality.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Brad wrote:I bought a Wassell seat for my G80. Front brackets were welded on way off centre. Rear mounting holes totally wrong. Biggest load of rubbish I have ever bought.
You're to kind. :rofl: :rofl:

You obviously not tried their self destructing 'Lucas' rear lights. :headbang: