Funny Biking Recollections

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Expat

Re: Funny Biking Recollections

Post by Expat »

Me and Rob we're down in Cornwall c1975 on our respective XS2 650 Yamaha's (how I loved that bike).

Rob was (still is), a bit stubborn and pig headed, so when a police patrol car, Ford Zodiac? overtook us at about 85mph on a dual carriage way, he started chasing it!

We got pulled over needless to say and after they gave him a good finger wagging, asked about and admired the bikes, they sent us on our way.

Those were the days 8-)
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
g80csp11

Re: Funny Biking Recollections

Post by g80csp11 »

I remember few years ago riding up to an alternative with Andy Davies & Bob Piper , i led most of the way following my Sat nav , we had planned to avoid the center of Manchester but got caught in traffic at one point . by this time bob started getting tired decidedt hat he knew best , despite not having a map . off he went through the traffic perhaps using is navigational skills from sailing keeping the sun in the same position ( who knows !) , anyway off we went up one way streets the wrong way , across traffic lights etc.. we needed to keep up to not loose him .
He just made a set of lights before they changed , Andy followed and I went across a bit after they went red .
I just remember seeing the front of a tram , and it blasting its horn. i didnt realise how big the front of a tram is close up !
eventually bob gave up , and we went back to following the sat nav.

just like by trips with Spriddler , we had such fun