UYJ 424

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
mjf65

UYJ 424

Post by mjf65 »

I don't know if anyone can help?

I'm trying to find out a bit of history for my Model 31 (1960)? It looks like I'm the sixth owner in 60 years, from some of the paperwork included in my purchase it documents the original registration which was sold off in 1989 and re-registered but not on an age related plate and then changed to the existing age related plate.

I purchased the motorcycle in October 2008 from Richard Nugent who was living in Birmingham, Richards health was deteriorating with a number of issues including early onset of dementia so a lot of the verbal history was lost. After purchase I kept in touch but unfortunately Richard passed away last summer but not before I managed to get the bike going and send him video evidence, it made his day according to his daughter.

Anyway Richard advised me to join the owners club on purchase as it needed some minor work, a wise move. When going through the bundle of bike history that came with UYJ 424 I discovered that Richard had moved to Birmingham from Gloucestershire and was a member of the owners club and I wonder if he was an active member and attended any events? Did any of you know Richard and does anyone have any memories of UYJ 424?

Stay safe all

Mike Fisher