Model 36 Chaincase help

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
CharlesDP

Re: Model 36 Chaincase help

Post by CharlesDP »

Good to see you are using "Triggies" "Prewar" bike, we often talk about him, he was such a lovely person, and have a good laugh, at his expense, about his exploits on the Dutch Rally, starting off when he joined us at Newmarket and had forgotton his tickets and ended up in hospital etc etc
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

CharlesDP wrote:Good to see you are using "Triggies" "Prewar" bike, we often talk about him, he was such a lovely person, and have a good laugh, at his expense, about his exploits on the Dutch Rally, starting off when he joined us at Newmarket and had forgotton his tickets and ended up in hospital etc etc
When Rob finally arrived at the rally site he got off the bike and nearly fell into me. After signing in and recovering I had to start the bike bike for him as he was still rather unsteady. Didn't the bike go back to the UK with Colin Farrington?
CharlesDP

Post by CharlesDP »

Yep, Colin took it back, he also had an accident on the way to Harwich, got lost twice in Holland, tripped over a box of spares for sale, fell out of his tent and had to go to hospital, was presented by the organisers a prize for "The unlucky person", but apart from these things, he had a good time
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

CharlesDP wrote:Yep, Colin took it back, he also had an accident on the way to Harwich, got lost twice in Holland, tripped over a box of spares for sale, fell out of his tent and had to go to hospital, was presented by the organisers a prize for "The unlucky person", but apart from these things, he had a good time
Unlucky really didn't do Rob justice at the time, you really couldn't make up his mishaps that weekend.
Rupert-Trigg

Post by Rupert-Trigg »

Thanks for all the responses.

Yes, its Rob Trigg's bike, nice to hear from some that were with father on the Dutch trip!
CharlesDP

Post by CharlesDP »

Rupert - See Jampot Magazine - March 2008

An article about the bike by Rob
Rupert-Trigg

Post by Rupert-Trigg »

Hello again.

Can anyone tell me what length part number 20339 should be on the attached parts list?

Regards

Rupert
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 12.44.25.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Rupert,
If this spacer is missing, pull the footrest shaft out about 4”, then you should be able to measure the internal distance between the two cases. If it is a few mm to long it would not matter.
Dudley
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

39speedtwin wrote:Rupert,
If this spacer is missing, pull the footrest shaft out about 4”, then you should be able to measure the internal distance between the two cases. If it is a few mm to long it would not matter.
Dudley
20339 is the rear wheel solid spindle distance piece. Sorry, I would need to take my bike to bits to measure it.
Rupert-Trigg

Post by Rupert-Trigg »

OK, thanks. Rob you're correct, that part number is the rear wheel spindle spacer. The one I was after is 17194/G. I'llgo with your suggestion Dudley and measure it. There is one there but it is too large (dia) and slops about. It looks very homemade and also seemed too long to me.

When I offer up the chaincase it seems too far apart to me in relation to the back section and you can feel the case pivoting around on the spacer.

I started my working life as a technical illustrator and the illustrations in the book make me laugh, they are dreadful in helping with assembly order etc!