AMOC Parts orders outside of the UK

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Eamonn
Webmaster

AMOC Parts orders outside of the UK

Post by Eamonn »

We have been made aware that although we can ship to countries outside of the UK, the country's local postal services are not delivering the items.

Rather than having a number of orders held up in various depots, the Spares Team have decided to close for any international orders until we can be sure the orders will be delivered in a timely fashion.

We apologise for this disruption and will resume our normal service once we have clearance from our delivery company.

Meanwhile UK orders will continue to be processed - online only.
Corners like a Lego man
vincentvv

Re: AMOC Parts orders outside of the UK

Post by vincentvv »

booooeh
Not fired is always a misser!
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

vincentvv wrote:booooeh
Like many countries, Belgium issued this notice about mail delveries.
Belgium has put special measures in place from Monday 16 March, to limit the spread of Coronavirus. Bpost need to comply with these measures and may have reduced staff numbers so not able to deliver all mail to specifications. Signature on delivery is suspended and delays to mail services can be expected.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

One of the biggest issues we are facing is the daily announcements informing us of changes to the local shipping restraints. As an example we shipped over a dozen orders on Friday last week worth a small fortune and then yesterday were informed that all international shipping orders were being suspended and the packages received would be held until the restrictions were lifted. With no idea how long that will be all those parcels are now in limbo and the chance that a few will disappear is highly likely. As the club are liable for the goods until received we will be out off pocket should that transpire. We cannot risk shipping stock that way as it's hard or impossible to replace immediately, if at all.
I understand the frustrations that the current situation is causing and I sympathise with all those who are effected by the forced change in policy. However I hope that you will bear with us and realise that we are watching the situation on a daily basis and will try to resume shipping as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.

Rob Swift
vincentvv

Post by vincentvv »

;)
Not fired is always a misser!
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I'm hoping that the situation is only temp. Whilst the UK postal system is working ok the overseas delivery systems seem to change daily, what we're trying to get sorted is a tracking system to ensure we have a way of keeping up with the packages. It'll come at a cost and will not be optional for over seas but we have to know where/when, if packages go astray. It's something we were already planning on implementing but this pandemic has made it all the more urgent.
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

I'm pleased to be able to report that orders from outside of the UK are now being taken online.

However....

Due to the large variances in postal costs during the current pandemic, all non-UK orders will be placed on hold with the Spares office who will check the postage calculations and advise you of the true cost. At that point you can either make payment (via PayPal) or decide to cancel.
Please do NOT sent any payment until you have been advised of the postage costs.

UK orders can continue to be placed and paid for in the normal way.
Corners like a Lego man
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

With thanks to all involved for their work and effort.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

We can also now provide tracking numbers to all overseas parcels but this will not be automatic as the number is generated by the International shippers and only released when they have processed the package. Therefore it's advisable to wait until you'd expect a package to arrive before enquiring. This allows enough time for the system to be updated and a more accurate idea of where the package location is should it be delayed.

May I thank all overseas members for being so patient whilst we've sorted the system out.

Rob Swift
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

As a further update I'm pleased to announce that for all overseas orders placed the recipient will receive either an email or SMS text message, maybe both, notifying them that their parcel has been shipped and also a tracking number to keep up to date with the progress. As with everything this has had to come at a cost as the smallest package size has to be A4 to allow us to attach all the required documentation. I very much doubt that we will ever go back to a cheaper untracked system as some of the losses were becoming too great to sustain.

Rob Swift