getting the bike onto the centre stand ..

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Mick D

Re: getting the bike onto the centre stand ..

Post by Mick D »

Hi

My stand has never been adulterated and measures 9 1/8" from the pivot bolt along the leg to the ground - the rear wheel is just touching the floor but can be rotated if needs. The pivot bolts and bushes are a good fit and there is no appreciable wear on the stops.
First Start.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Taid

Re: getting the bike onto the centre stand ..

Post by Taid »

Mick D wrote:Hi

My stand has never been adulterated and measures 9 1/8" from the pivot bolt along the leg to the ground - the rear wheel is just touching the floor but can be rotated if needs. The pivot bolts and bushes are a good fit and there is no appreciable wear on the stops.

Regards Mick
Nice machine ..

Mine is certainly nowhere near 9" .. I think if it were, the back wheel would be in the air ..

I think I'll put this on the back burner (and try to build up some muscle) for the moment .. other things to sort out, and I can get it on and off the stand, and it is firm when on the stand ..

All points duly noted and at some point I'll take off the stand and maybe get a one of Rob Smith's version ..

Thanks to all for your interest and advice ..

Ben (Taid)
___

Now sold ... 1956 AJS 16MS Bitsa .. HSU 414 .. rebuilt/re-registered 1987