Ducon, Tricon, Wipac handlebar switch

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Martin.S

Ducon, Tricon, Wipac handlebar switch

Post by Martin.S »

Could anyone recommend a good replica version of the above, I bought one with the red kill (?) button but it is really cheap and nasty.
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Re: Ducon, Tricon, Wipac handlebar switch

Post by Plugsnpoints »

I bought a nice looking high quality chrome horn/dipswitch last week from the ever helpful Steven at AMC Classic Spares if that helps?

Andy
Martin.S

Re: Ducon, Tricon, Wipac handlebar switch

Post by Martin.S »

As I said above - I bought a Tricon(?) switch - the one with the red button - it had no identity makings - I presume nobody wanted to put their name to it -it's rubbish, it wouldn't work or the horn would go off by itself and there's no 'feel' to the buttons.
So I've replaced it with a Ducon with just the Hi/Lo and horn. Moulded into the black plastic is Wipac - a replica the ad said. It's lovely- it's feel is precise.
My only criticism and this is with the design of all of them is that there isn't an earth connection - just relying on the greasy head bearings as an electrical passage.
I just soldered an earth wire to the captive nut that the grub screw screws thru and clamps it all to the handle bar.
Cheers
Martin
Ducon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.