"No Stock"

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rosy

"No Stock"

Post by Rosy »

I can get quite excited about buying new shiny nuts & bolts they can make any bike look half decent, but I feel so let down when presented with "No Stock" against the parts that are needed. No stock is fine but perhaps a little more information to let us know when, or if there will be stock. No stock leaves me wondering do I wait, do I go elsewhere, may be the part will never be available. I want to support the club spares scheme so why not a little more information against "No Stock".
bob121

Re: "No Stock"

Post by bob121 »

From what I have seen. When there are known due dates they have been there.
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

When the Spares team raise orders for new parts to be made, as far as possible we get an expected delivery date of the parts. When we have this information, it is shown on the screen - take a look at part number 000700 as an example.

Having said that, some suppliers are smaller companies and especially at the present time, are unable to give us a date when the parts will arrive. In these cases we cannot give any extra information.
Corners like a Lego man
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

I sympathize with the club scheme and AMC classic spares, but getting raw materials has been getting harder and harder to obtain. Today i have had a message from a supplier saying my order is delayed. They took the order, knowing they dont have what i want in stock and thats common nowadays. We cant predict when we can supply if we dont know when our material is going to arrive.
Also we are being pushed to buy larger and larger quantities. I will end up with 15 years worth of stainless bar, just to get a semi reasonable price break for the stuff.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

alanengineer wrote:I sympathize with the club scheme and AMC classic spares, but getting raw materials has been getting harder and harder to obtain. Today i have had a message from a supplier saying my order is delayed. They took the order, knowing they dont have what i want in stock and thats common nowadays. We cant predict when we can supply if we dont know when our material is going to arrive.
Also we are being pushed to buy larger and larger quantities. I will end up with 15 years worth of stainless bar, just to get a semi reasonable price break for the stuff.
Couldn't have put it better myself. It's an ongoing issue that we have had for years and the situation has accelerated over the last few months. We have to tie up so much funding on certain items that there is never enough money to go round, hence we're always playing catch up.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Looks like others are also having problems keeping up with the demand on calls and finding time to keep all their customers happy.

Hello,

I am rebuilding a 1951 Matchless G3 for a friend over here in Cyprus, as one of my many retirement projects.

So I have attached a list of parts that I require for the restoration, and hoping you help me out.

I have tried to contact Russell Motors (Battersea) and AMC Classic spares (Steve Surbey) via e-mail but to no avail.

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards.

Kevin Morrison (Cyprus)
Roy
Steven S

Post by Steven S »

Always have problems keeping up (no pun intended), though Kevin Morrison hasn't sent me an email... Can't speak for Russells. No sign of an email from him in my box unless he's using a pseudonym?
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Nice to see quick response we are all trying to keep every one happy. ;)
Roy
clive

Post by clive »

Steven S wrote:Always have problems keeping up (no pun intended), though Kevin Morrison hasn't sent me an email... Can't speak for Russells. No sign of an email from him in my box unless he's using a pseudonym?

Or perhaps the email has been put in 14 days self isolation as it is coming from Cyprus. :rofl:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Rosy wrote:I can get quite excited about buying new shiny nuts & bolts they can make any bike look half decent, but I feel so let down when presented with "No Stock" against the parts that are needed. No stock is fine but perhaps a little more information to let us know when, or if there will be stock. No stock leaves me wondering do I wait, do I go elsewhere, may be the part will never be available. I want to support the club spares scheme so why not a little more information against "No Stock".
Can you please give a quick list of the parts you are looking for and then maybe we can come back with some updates.
Roy