Rosy

Re: "No Stock"

Post by Rosy »

(900040)
SLIDER LEG;STUD & BOLT KIT.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

In stock are both studs types in nice shiny SS but not as a kit.
Roy
bitza

Post by bitza »

Another problem is that lots of company's specify a minimum order of xxx amount, otherwise they give the excuse it's not worth setting up for a small batch run, so if clubs are not prudent they end with stock they will never shift.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

bitza wrote:Another problem is that lots of company's specify a minimum order of xxx amount, otherwise they give the excuse it's not worth setting up for a small batch run, so if clubs are not prudent they end with stock they will never shift.
That is the issue both the club and AMC Spares suffer with all the time. With CNC machines companies want large volume production to make it economical to programme and run the machine.

A classic example, L/W pinion pullers have been out of stock for years, many don't have the tools to rig other substitute pullers, the club invests but have to tie up funds for years as they'll be such a slow seller. Same goes for nearly every lightweight component. There is just not a big enough market for us to keep investing. Going forward we'll have to drop catering for them. :twisted:
DM2

Post by DM2 »

I do have a contact local to me that may well be interested in doing some low volume manufacturing on CNC machines.

If the club would like to give me some info on what they would like to get made and target quantities I am quite happy to go see him on behalf of the club.
Phil35p

Post by Phil35p »

I knew I should have researched spares availability before buying that Lightweight on *bay :o
DM2

Post by DM2 »

Phil35p wrote:I knew I should have researched spares availability before buying that Lightweight on *bay :o

You had to pay for your's :shock:
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

DM2 wrote:I do have a contact local to me that may well be interested in doing some low volume manufacturing on CNC machines.

If the club would like to give me some info on what they would like to get made and target quantities I am quite happy to go see him on behalf of the club.

Thanks for the offer, we'll be in touch. Rob