A record price for my BSA Golden Flash

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Greybeard

A record price for my BSA Golden Flash

Post by Greybeard »

I see the ebay scammers are still at it. My Golden Flash has been advertised yet again (the PO bought it via ebay several years ago). Currently at at £44,000 :o If someone genuinely wants it that much I may sell.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-GOLD-FLA ... 4902.l9144

Steve
SPRIDDLER

Re: A record price for my BSA Golden Flash

Post by SPRIDDLER »

He keeps appearing and had more than 20 motorhomes listed last week using cloned photos, plus numerous prestige classic cars all at ridiculously cheap or laughingly expensive prices. Usually puts 'Selling for a friend who doesn't have internet' and gives contact details avoiding eBay.
I've reported him (and he's been taken down) several times.

Here's one of his last week ridiculous ads. There are more than 800 silly ads if you open the link below and click on 'See other items'

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224023066918
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Thu May 28, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Have you seen some of the other bargains offer by this seller? There are dozens of desirable toys and he seem to be a good friend to so many other people.

I'm considering the Rib as During the lock down I'm considering taking out a low interest government secured loan to set up a fast cross channel taxi service.

VALIANT V-520 RIB WITH HALLMARK TRAILER - eBay item number: 224023067270

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VALIANT-V-52 ... SwKltezjzg
Last edited by Triumph-Legend on Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

SPRIDDLER wrote:He keeps appearing and had more than 20 motorhomes listed last week using cloned photos, plus numerous prestige classic cars all at ridiculously cheap or laughingly expensive prices. Usually puts 'Selling for a friend who doesn't have internet' and gives contact details avoiding eBay.
That's a bit harsh. Anyway I have already made a high offer for the rib that I want. I'm hoping that I don't get out bid.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Triumph-Legend wrote:
SPRIDDLER wrote:He keeps appearing and had more than 20 motorhomes listed last week using cloned photos, plus numerous prestige classic cars all at ridiculously cheap or laughingly expensive prices. Usually puts 'Selling for a friend who doesn't have internet' and gives contact details avoiding eBay.
That's a bit harsh. Anyway I have already made a high offer for the rib that I want. I'm hoping that I don't get out bid.
He'll be advertising plenty more, used once only, complete with outboard engine and 70 lifejackets. Collection only from a Kent beach.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

From the multiple Very high bids on many of the items it looks as though the bidders know it's a scam!
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

ebay just cant take a hint
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Theyll notice when they dont get the rake off theyll be expecting :D Its probably a more effective way of dealing with the gutter worms involved.

Steve
Mollbhan

Post by Mollbhan »

Yea I thought that 500 Velo at 5 grand buy it now was too good to be true. I can't imagine what he hopes to get out of it with all these ads but to quote a well known Icelandic proverb, every man likes the smell of his own farts.