Terrible day

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Ducati1980

Terrible day

Post by Ducati1980 »

So after some running issues with my newly purchased matchless G2 I decided I'd give the carb a treat, new jets gaskets ect. So there it is on my work bench all cleaned up ready for it's new bits and I knock it off on to the floor, yep you've guessed it, smashed!! To say I was angry with myself is an understatement!!
But don't fear my day got better after recently joining the club I received my first edition of jampot!!
So this weekend will be reading not riding!!
1962 Matchless G2
2019 Ducati Scrambler
2019 Honda Monkey
clive

Re: Terrible day

Post by clive »

Tough luck, my trick is to loose it rolling across the garage floor, give up after looking for 1/2 hour, order it overnight from the club and then find it in the middle of the floor next time I go into the garage. Good news is the club do a good deal on carbs.
I also noticed that you have joined the club and got your first Jampot, enjoy the reading, however you are showing up as a guest rather than a member with your log-on. This means you won't have full access to the club website and may not be able to buy from the spares scheme on-line as you have to be a paid up member to do so. I suggest an email to webmaster@jampot.com and Eamonn will sort it out.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix

Post by 1608 »

Being a clumsy oaf that I am and forever dropping this when working at the bench I found a square of old carpet where one normally stands a great help, its easier on the feet than cold concrete and prevents items being damaged when dropped.
Sorry to hear about you carb.
Ducati1980

Post by Ducati1980 »

clive wrote:Tough luck, my trick is to loose it rolling across the garage floor, give up after looking for 1/2 hour, order it overnight from the club and then find it in the middle of the floor next time I go into the garage. Good news is the club do a good deal on carbs.
I also noticed that you have joined the club and got your first Jampot, enjoy the reading, however you are showing up as a guest rather than a member with your log-on. This means you won't have full access to the club website and may not be able to buy from the spares scheme on-line as you have to be a paid up member to do so. I suggest an email to webmaster@jampot.com and Eamonn will sort it out.
Thanks Clive I'll get an email sent 👍
1962 Matchless G2
2019 Ducati Scrambler
2019 Honda Monkey
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Ouch! What sort of carb is it? I think I've got a 376 body you can have.
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Welcome Steve,

Bad luck with the carb... think we've all been there with something or other.

I see you are in Sussex, the monthly Sussex section meetings are all on hold at the moment but we have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/2307860139434620/ we also have an email group you can join to keep informed of any runs etc you are welcome to join both.

If you'd like to join the mailing list, let me know and I'll get Christine to add you.

Peter Morris
Ducati1980

Post by Ducati1980 »

Peter Morris wrote:Welcome Steve,

Bad luck with the carb... think we've all been there with something or other.

I see you are in Sussex, the monthly Sussex section meetings are all on hold at the moment but we have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/2307860139434620/ we also have an email group you can join to keep informed of any runs etc you are welcome to join both.

If you'd like to join the mailing list, let me know and I'll get Christine to add you.

Peter Morris
Thanks peter, I do not have Facebook but once I can send pm's from here I'll send you my email to get put on the mailing list.
1962 Matchless G2
2019 Ducati Scrambler
2019 Honda Monkey
Ducati1980

Post by Ducati1980 »

clanger9 wrote:Ouch! What sort of carb is it? I think I've got a 376 body you can have.
Yes it is 376/99, many thanks for the offer but I was straight on good old eBay and have a used one coming. Thanks again though 👍
1962 Matchless G2
2019 Ducati Scrambler
2019 Honda Monkey