Age related number plate

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Pharisee

Re: Age related number plate

Post by Pharisee »

The frame number of my M18S is 33522 with the letter "A" stamped above the first "3". The number recorded on the registration document is "43402 / 33522". I have no idea where the 43402 came from, but it pre-dates the introduction of the V5C as the same number is recorded on the old style registration booklet.
I'd hazard a guess that when the bike was made, the original frame number was 43402 and that for whatever reason, the bike was subsequently rebuilt with the 33522 frame. Possibly after suffering crash or accident damage?
Does anyone have any other ideas?
John
20191001_132948.jpg
IMG_0730[1].jpg
IMG_0731[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Boristhebadger

Re: Age related number plate

Post by Boristhebadger »

To be honest I accepted the new vin number they provided as at this point they had been looking into the issue with the V5c for 10months my other option was to find another frame but struggled to find one. Dvla came out to look at the bike and take pictures they confirmed the frame number was original and untampered.The other person with identical frame number but an A prefix has also had to have a new identity created and lost there original reg. The dvla wasn't going to look into solving the problem any other way then giving two new identities. This issue must have happened a lot surely as all later model Ajs/matchless use the same chassis numbers but A prefixes as they ran out of numbers I thought? Roy belles even spoke to the dvla but was unable to change there mind on the decision given. Is it possible to fill out the v112 without a reg number? As my original reg TLP963 has been terminated.