Burman A52 gearbox

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Gary G3ls

Burman A52 gearbox

Post by Gary G3ls »

On my 55 G3ls it has been fitted with a Burman A 52 gearbox, number GB2 A52 D489, I will require some parts for it, is it the same as the B52 gearbox or should I try to get a fresh gearbox as I do not see many spares for these, thanks.
SPRIDDLER

Re: Burman A52 gearbox

Post by SPRIDDLER »

It is a B52 box and appears to be from a '52 bike. The no. 52 is the year, and purely by coincidence it is the same number as the g'box type.
See the complete list in Christians Archive: http://archives.jampot.dk/technical/Tra ... derich.pdf

and you'll find this which I have extracted from it:
B52 nos.JPG
P.S. You may be wondering why the G3 models aren't shown but purely as a guess I'd say it's because the list was compiled by a member in the States and AFAIK the 350c.c. bikes weren't exported to the U.S.A.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Gary G3ls

Post by Gary G3ls »

Thank you great help.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

I'm curious. What parts do you need?
These boxes are pretty tough bits of kit and will take a lot of abuse.

Let us know what you need and possibly there will be a few offers of bits as people often have good spares left over from rebuilds.

I think the only bits that I have ever bought are gaskets and the odd bush, bearing or oil seal. Oh and chuck a bit of oil in to stop it rusting. :rofl: