Ammeter dramatics

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Ammeter dramatics

Post by Plugsnpoints »

I think I've fixed my charging issues.

I feel slightly embarrassed but as I took the seat off it was glaring me in the face. The earth had popped off the rectifier :rofl:

I fitted a new solid state one anyway and am just about to give it a test ride. I also have just ordered a new 8-8 ammeter as the one fitted is 12-12 ampreres!

I may be gone for some time...
Mick D

Re: Ammeter dramatics

Post by Mick D »

I feel like I wasted my time trying to point you in a direction to solve your issue :roll: :roll: :roll:

Glad you've sorted it but why ask for advice if you're not going to follow it?
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Re: Ammeter dramatics

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Mick D wrote:I feel like I wasted my time trying to point you in a direction to solve your issue :roll: :roll: :roll:

Glad you've sorted it but why ask for advice if you're not going to follow it?
I do appreciate what you advised Mick, and it appears it was what you suggested-it seems it might have been a combination of a couple of weak connections and a bad earth. Thank you for your help. I don't think your time was wasted.

I won't put me off asking questions on here though, even if it irritates people sometimes! It's how we learn. It'd be a shame if we got told off each time someone asks a daft question!

I've just buzzed it round the block at it shows a charge on the ammeter. I'll see when I go for a proper run.

I'm just pleased I haven't had to fork out for a stator :)

Andy