My wifes grandfather used to race for AJS...

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Mick D

Re: My wifes grandfather used to race for AJS...

Post by Mick D »

Hi Robcurrie

That photo enhancement is very good, is it available freely or do you need to subscribe to MyHeritage.com?

If it's free could you post a link please?

Regards Mick
robcurrie

Post by robcurrie »

Hi Mick,

Here is a link, you can sign up for free, but limited to number of people in your tree. I am subscribed, so I don't know if the photo enhancement works as a free member.

https://www.myheritage.com/login?destin ... %3Fnext%3D

Cheers

Rob C
fella

Post by fella »

Holy smokes you've gone to a lot of effort to do that! Thank you for your time that is most kind.

I've been reading and searching archives online from the isle of man TT Library and have found out about the 'IOM Grand National Scramble', which used to be held one evening during the week. Reg was winning the final by a good distance in 52' it appears after also coming 2nd in his qualifying heat by a length. Until that is his chain 'came adrift' on the last lap and he didn't place. He was riding on his 500 AJS for these events. He also won his heat in 51' by something like a minute, but didn't get a mention the final race report that year so it can't of gone well!

He was a member of the Bury and District Motorcycle Club who appear to not have much of an existence anymore but I have located a phone number of the most recent chairman I believe through the ACU website so I shall pursue that lead also when I get the time.
fella

Post by fella »

robcurrie wrote:
Photo1500035-resized.jpg
What amazes me most about this picture is the clarity of the reflection in the petrol tank!
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

I'm registered but don't subscribe. You can use the colourizer although presumably the number of photos will be limited.

Didn't work brilliantly well with my sample but I guess it depends on the content, quality and range of colours and tones of the original.

Definitely worth a go though for free!

Alan
Colorized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol: