Shipping Charges !!!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Mick D

Shipping Charges !!!

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I'm getting more and more annoyed over companies taking the mickey with regard to shipping rates, I live on the UK mainland with excellent connectivity to all parts of England, however some sellers insist on weighting their shipping charges based on post code :evil: :evil:

Today's example: One item, value £45, weight <1kg, shipping £17:94, (the only option) - Feked are taking the p**s :evil: :evil: Transaction cancelled!

I feel better having gotten that off of my chest :) ;)

Regards Mick
Stan Palmer

Re: Shipping Charges !!!

Post by Stan Palmer »

F***d catch me every time with their prices not including VAT. By the time I work through to the pay point I am on the point of surrender so I buy anyway. It's painful to see the updated price come up and to know it's going to the government to waste.
Stan
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Just wait a little and Mr Swift from the Royal Mail will answer all your questions :lol:
Roy
clive

Post by clive »

I have posted a few items lately and if you want it tracked and insured it can cost a lot. The last item I sent was a 1928 petrol tank, £26 by parcel post. Some carriers charge according to postcode.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Just to add - this was for a half time pinion extractor, around five inches long and two in diameter.

I paid around £7 to post a magneto to England, tracked and insured :roll: :roll:

Regards Mick
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

I have just shipped the last of my pre 1931 AJS parts to Sweden with UPS standard service, 3.2 kg 50 x 25 x 8 cms for £23.39. Sent on Monday buyer will receive this Thursday, including insurance up to £250!
They are the only carrier with whom I have never had a problem.
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

I always use Royal Mail and ParcelForce. I've been selling on eBay for 16 years. I tend to avoid sellers who use Hermes. I also have avoided Feked due to their disgraceful customer service. You live and learn. Yesterday I posted a huge alloy café racer petrol tank or just over £11 via ParcelForce 48hr.
bob

Post by bob »

I send around 4-5 parcels a week , You are correct in that some post codes are weighted , Royal mail tend not to do this , The highlands , Scottish islands and Northern Ireland suffer worst . My parcels to these always go Royal Mail .

I regularly use Hermes and never had a problem , UPS are good but tend to be pricier . DPD have the advantage of Saturday deliveries .

My most recent problem ( still not resolved ) was a parcel to an address in a town in Turkey . went Royal Mail got to 150 Kms from the town and then stopped . despite repeated calls to Royal Mail it was returned to me , as wrong address unable to deliver . I sent scans of both the label as sent and as I received on return , The address was perfect , not out in the sticks , but on a main road in a large coastal town and adjacent to 2 banks.They are wanting to charge me £ 40.00 for returning it to me . ( not going to get paid )

And back to your original comments , I wouldn't stand for those sort of charges , can you suggest sending in your own carrier
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

while i agree that you have to check the costs with all suppliers .
Its your choice where you go for a combination of convenience , speed and availability

I buy form AJSMOC ,AMC classic RGM and Andover Norton and Ebay , plus Wassell for other parts and to support the Sussex section at discounted prices

In these times of COVID some of you guys have far too much time to moan about things that are in your control
We all ride AJS and Matchless Bike and should support anyone manufacturing new replacement parts , without their investment and time our bikes would not be on the road

I use the suppliers that are in order of importance:

1) Sell quality part
2) Have parts available
3) Deliver quickly ( AJSMOC , AMC Classic and RGM all post quickly, Andover Norton slightly slower)

I use Les at Russell motors when I can , and go by train so about £15 return but always a good experience and worth the visit

I usually check all the suppliers for price and availability before ordering
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Just to close this one off on a more positive note:

I continued to shop around and discovered British M/C Parts - https://www.britishmcparts.com/

Phoned up to check availability, confirmed, so ordered yesterday morning.

Arrived today, cost £42.50, shipping £3.75 - half time pinion removed and I'm a happy bunny again :D :D

Regards Mick

PS This item is not available from the Club or AMC Classic and Andover Norton would have relieved me of £59:40 plus p+p