Shipping Charges !!!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
JEAN-NOEL

Re: Shipping Charges !!!

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Hello,
I made two orders in August :
F***d = total stuff + postage including VAT 52.42 £ - DHL Postage, including VAT = 16.74
AMOC PARTS - Total stuff + postage including VAT 53.04 € - Postage = 29.73.
The parcels were same weight = until 1 kilo.
AMOC send me an email to quote the postage offering to cancel the order if it is not accepted by the customer. But I definitely needed the primary crankcase gasket...
In both cases the delivery was made in a perfect way.
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Sorry, in both cases the invoices were en £.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Perhaps Jampot Spares should investigate using UPS or DHL for overseas shipments, they are normally more efficient and cheaper than the Post Office.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Isn't it ironic that Feked can deliver to France more cheaply than the Scottish Highlands :roll: :roll:
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Mick D wrote:Isn't it ironic that Feked can deliver to France more cheaply than the Scottish Highlands :roll: :roll:
Hmm, no not really. It all boils down to supply and demand. If the volume off shipping is going to France and there is enough space then it's cheaper.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:
Mick D wrote:Isn't it ironic that Feked can deliver to France more cheaply than the Scottish Highlands :roll: :roll:
Hmm, no not really. It all boils down to supply and demand. If the volume off shipping is going to France and there is enough space then it's cheaper.
Why not take up Dudley's offer of help to talk to UPS and alike :o
Roy
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Andover Norton are certainly not cheap, but you won't find better quality!

Sadly have to agree with Peter, delivery has slowed down, 4 or 5 days now... lets hope it is just down to Covid.
Groily

Post by Groily »

Peter Morris wrote:Andover Norton are certainly not cheap, but you won't find better quality!
Plus 1 for that. Very helpful too, I always find.
Rosy

Post by Rosy »

If we are having a gripe about shipping one of my orders from club spares came to well over a £100, shipping was £12 but it all came in an A4 Jiffy bag and weighed around a Kilo. For £12 one can ship a heavyweight a long way, so I was bit miffed at the cost and wondered why club shipping prices are based on purchase cost and not weight. To me it doesn't seem logical. No doubt someone will tell me reason.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Rosy wrote:If we are having a gripe about shipping one of my orders from club spares came to well over a £100, shipping was £12 but it all came in an A4 Jiffy bag and weighed around a Kilo. For £12 one can ship a heavyweight a long way, so I was bit miffed at the cost and wondered why club shipping prices are based on purchase cost and not weight. To me it doesn't seem logical. No doubt someone will tell me reason.
Probably not. I really don't have the time or energy to keep going over the postage situation as it's out of our control. Just brace yourself for even higher costs as we go into another time of uncertainty.