Bike Bench

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
clive

Re: Bike Bench

Post by clive »

dave16mct wrote:Good one in the 'For Sale' section just now. :D
Dave.
Already PMed Mark about that Dave ;) Mind you he does not seem to have opened the message yet as it is still in my outbox! :roll: Adverts Ed
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Where is this listed? Not after another lift, just curious as I can't see it.

Regards Mick
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

Mick D wrote:Hi

Where is this listed? Not after another lift, just curious as I can't see it.

Regards Mick
First page of six but you have to be logged into Jampot (not just the forum :roll: ) to see all the ads.

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Thanks Alan

Doesn't work for me :? :?

I'm logged into Jampot and can see six pages of adverts but not one for a lift - nor, as usual, can I open any photos.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards Mick
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

Mick D wrote:........... If I need to work on the front wheel or forks the ramp is fitted and the rear wheel tied down.

This type of stand is, however, far from ideal for bikes with rear stands.

Regards Mick
I have a Sealy bench that I'm very happy with. When I need to work on the front end, I put the bike on backwards so that the front wheel overhangs the removable ramp.

I did find the 'closed height' a bit of a pain when putting the bike on the centre stand, so I made a small wooden platform that fits alongside the bench that I can stand on. Once the bike is on the centre stand, the platform is tucked out of the way until the next time
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
markwhitelock

Post by markwhitelock »

Thanks for all the advice, the scissor type seems like a good bet, the sealey ones are on eBay at the moment as well. Going to check out the private ad first!
clive

Post by clive »

Mick D wrote:Thanks Alan

Doesn't work for me :? :?

I'm logged into Jampot and can see six pages of adverts but not one for a lift - nor, as usual, can I open any photos.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards Mick
Strange Mick, there are adverts for Sales, these are only bikes for sale 6 pages. click on view photo to see the picture if there is one.
Parts -everything other than bikes. 6 pages, the bench advert is currently 3rd one down on the first page

Wanted 11 pages!

If you really cannot see the advert it would suggest that you are not logged in through your membership number correctly. Guest members cannot see adverts until 3 weeks after they appear in the Jampot, so the Bench advert which was placed on 16th September, just missing the cut for the October issue and so will not be visible to a guest member until after 21 November! If it has not be sold and cancelled of course

To check if you are logging in as a guest Mick from the home page (not the forum) look at the Parts adverts and see if any adverts are dated after 14 Sept, if not you are not seeing the full range and will need to email Eamonn at webmaster@jampot.com .
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

I decided that I no longer need a full bike bench, so have given it away to a section member, bought a Chinese bike/quad lift. It's quite well made and works well, will enable easy removal of wheels.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Not Roy, he'll have it up for sale now!

Johnny B
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Mick D wrote:I'm logged into Jampot and can see six pages of adverts but not one for a lift - nor, as usual, can I open any photos.
If anyone is having problems viewing the advert photos, one thing to check is if you have an "advert blocker" in place. Some members have found that their ad blocker prevents the pictures from displaying - once they set the ad blocker to ignore jampot.com pages the images then appear.
Corners like a Lego man