Matchless G5 valve s

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Andy1730

Matchless G5 valve s

Post by Andy1730 »

Hi all..a while back I bought a 1960 Matchless 350 G5 in bits it needed new valves so I bought a pair but when they were delivered they were totally different to what I had on the bike they had much larger heads and thicker valve shaft.. i m now not sure if what I was sold is a 350 engine or if it has had another head fitted to it of a different CC. although the engine number seems to bear this out..The valves I took out are as follows..if I'm off by a few thou or a mill my apologies ..inlet valve is..shaft width 7.10mm..head diameter 41mm..overall length 113mm...exhaust valve..7.40mm shaft width..head size 31mm..overall length 103mm..I also checked the stroke and it's around 79-80mm..can anyone help..Many thanks..Andy.
g80csp11

Re: Matchless G5 valve s

Post by g80csp11 »

check out the G&S catalog , it lists valve number and valve dimensions

http://www.gsvalves.co.uk/catalogues.html
SPRIDDLER

Re: Matchless G5 valve s

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Andy1730 wrote: i m now not sure if what I was sold is a 350 engine or if it has had another head fitted to it of a different CC.
If it's a different capacity than 350 it may have a different zorst pipe size than the standard G5.
Maybe someone with a G5 could give you the pipe dia. at the zorst port.............. :?
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'