This Club cheers me up

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

This Club cheers me up

Post by 56G80S »

Sometimes it's just good to read through the threads and see people all trying to help each other. I know there are crossed wires at times and people "get the hump" but that's just normal human interaction. Sometimes people try and help and get it wrong! And it works all round the world.

Clubs like this are the positive side of the internet and thanks to the Committee and volunteers for keeping it going.

Just wanted to say it, no particular trigger.

Best wishes

Johnny B
ajscomboman

Re: This Club cheers me up

Post by ajscomboman »

56G80S wrote:Sometimes it's just good to read through the threads and see people all trying to help each other. I know there are crossed wires at times and people "get the hump" but that's just normal human interaction. Sometimes people try and help and get it wrong! And it works all round the world.

Clubs like this are the positive side of the internet and thanks to the Committee and volunteers for keeping it going.

Just wanted to say it, no particular trigger.

Best wishes

Johnny B
You're welcome! :beer: :beer:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Thank you Johnny.
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Well said Johnny, some people join a club and only want to take what they can from it, however I think the majority enjoy what they get from the club and even put something back over time.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

It wouldn't have cheered up this chap trying to avoid the toll queue.......
(Make sure the sound isn't muted in order to hear the sympathy from the staff..."aaah, cimento fresco..." :rofl: )

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Gotta be honest, I love this club & especially the forum, it keeps me going. Sometimes we agree, disagree, agree to disagree but everyone is genuine in their love for bikes and helping others enjoy theirs more.

That's the emotional bit out of the way. Back to the garage! :D :D :D :D :D
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

In these difficult times the forum is a tonic! On our way back from Cornwall, did 150 miles on our little 125, so have been as far north as you can in the UK. In Shetland and now down to the lizard!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

alanjennings wrote:In these difficult times the forum is a tonic! On our way back from Cornwall, did 150 miles on our little 125, so have been as far north as you can in the UK. In Shetland and now down to the lizard!
Why not post a photo or two to help us all enjoy.
Roy
REW

Post by REW »

Does this help? I've been miles:
AJS in Toronto Sep 2020.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Sprid, you never disappoint. I think there may be a clue in the traffic barrier moved to one side. Perhaps they should've left it where it was before trying to skip through.

Have to say it's a bit harsh to not lend a hand.

In contrast I remember the madcap ride back from Celles sur Belle after leaving early, giving the G80S the beans in an attempt to get to the ferry and panicking at the piage toll point - group of police just waved me through! Only made it with just time to change the ticket and get on very very late at Dieppe. Chris Briggs (?) had left after me and arrived ages before me. Loads of road works and Matchless covered in wet cement thrown up off the road, the vid make me think of it.

Johnny B