Tonight ITV 4 Henry Cole gets a peek at the new AJS's

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Tonight ITV 4 Henry Cole gets a peek at the new AJS's

Post by SPRIDDLER »

As the title.
At 8 p.m. The Motorbike Show. (Channel 24 on my Freeview)
It may be only a minute or two but p'raps worth a look.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Eamonn
Webmaster

Re: Tonight ITV 4 Henry Cole gets a peek at the new AJS's

Post by Eamonn »

This maybe a repeat of a show I saw a few days ago - they took out 3 AJS bikes (Allen Millyard on one) and gave them a fairly good review. It was more than just a couple of minutes!
Corners like a Lego man
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

I' m no fan of Henry Cole but it was not a bad programme!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
ianw1

Post by ianw1 »

Especially with Allen Millyard on the show, a very talented man.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Obviously they were told not to get them mucky, as they were riding around a field, quite a favourable report from all three outside the cafe.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I find Cole's whiney speech irritating but the subject matter is usually of interest. There are few of these biking progs so I guess we have to be grateful for what we get.
They seemed happy enough with the Ajays although I did have a chuckle at Nick Brown's comment: "We designed them in the U.K. but it's more economic to manufacture them in China". I may be wrong but I don't think there was much 'designing' done in the U.K. other than perhaps the '7R' styled petrol tank on the Cadwell.
Allen Millyard was much 'younger' than I had envisaged. I had always imagined him to be a sort of highly skilled Fred Dibnah.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Henry Cole and cheap chinese bikes with cynically applied tank stickers - I bet someone used the word 'heritage' or 'history' too - Im glad I made a point of missing it. :roll:

Steve
Iron Head

Post by Iron Head »

Pity they couldn't have designed-in some nice pressed steel primary covers with rubber seals and steel bands, and all of the fun that goes with it, to keep some British originality and baffle young riders!

Iron Head
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Greybeard wrote:Henry Cole and cheap chinese bikes with cynically applied tank stickers - I bet someone used the word 'heritage' or 'history' too - Im glad I made a point of missing it. :roll:

Steve
That's a bit harsh, Steve, but yes, 'Heritage' was mentioned. I've a 'Bosch' labelled washing machine and the manual says 'Made in China'.
They aren't aimed at us purists but pretty good value and also practical and convenient as a hack for the more mature among us.
I've had my Chinese 250 Herald (£3,250), the 'Mutchless' for four years and although I have only done about 3,500 miles on it (only 400 this year) I've not had touch it at all except for oiling the chain and adjusting the clutch cable once. It's just transport and riding it is nothing like the pleasure of an old thumper but it doesn't look too out of place on section Sunday runs.
2016-05-21 Mutchless(480x360).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I take a can of 3 in 1 round with me when I go out on mine. When I stop I squirt a bit on the road under the engine to give it that look of originality. :rofl: :rofl:
20200528_125219.jpg
I accept the flatty that I made for what it is. It ain't no AJ, despite the imprint on the casing. It's a cheap hack that works and I don't mind going out on in all weathers. As for Henry Cole.........
knob.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by spookefoote1956 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein