What could possibly go wrong............?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Re: What could possibly go wrong............?

Post by Plugsnpoints »

spookefoote1956 wrote:This what you need?
TurboVisor.jpg

Straight out of Viz? Unfortunately not!!
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

I don't think you can beat a pin lock inner visor for anti-mist performance but not all helmets are designed for them.[/quote]

Yep, I'm O.K. thanks, just a bit of a zorst pipe burn on my calf. Squashed me fags though. :roll:

My posh (four hundred quid I think) Shoei helmet does have a pinlock visor but it doesn't seem to work very well in this mild and damp weather.
And my 18 months old 'Guaranteed waterproof' boots leaked. I've never had a pair of boots that didn't leak (except wellies).[/quote]

I'm pleased to hear you didn't hurt anything young Neville, apart from your pride :)
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Neville is thrifty that expensive?
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Alan

I've been in t'North for so long I no longer feel the cold.

Or my hypothalamus has stopped working and I'm dying of hypothermia.

Johnny B
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

39speedtwin wrote:Neville is thrifty that expensive?
He doesn't actually charge me, Didley, but I do feel obliged to offer him a coffee and one of my Poundshop chocolate digestives.

Incidentally............. :oops:

After the Pinlock comments I thought I'd check and clean my visor late last night and realised that I hadn't been wearing my posh Shoei helmet but had used my 'knocking about' Lidl one which has just a single skin visor. :roll:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Groily

Post by Groily »

Plugsnpoints wrote: And my 18 months old 'Guaranteed waterproof' boots leaked. I've never had a pair of boots that didn't leak (except wellies).
Nor me. But I'd add Derry boots. At least they are lined and prevent the worst of the 'do I still have any toes?' thing! And cheap.
As for 'waterproof' gloves . . . there's a contradiction in terms if ever there was. Bark busters, ugly mitts on the 'bars, or a fairing of some sort . . . only answers!
Happy Winter Riding!
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

I have an Arai helmet with Pinlock visor which is fantastic. I have Altberg boots which are a bit chunky but totally waterproof. I've never found gloves that are waterproof though. Water drips down into them anyway. I do have ex Swedish military overmitts which work well.
Dave.
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

Groily wrote:
Plugsnpoints wrote: And my 18 months old 'Guaranteed waterproof' boots leaked. I've never had a pair of boots that didn't leak (except wellies).
Nor me. But I'd add Derry boots. At least they are lined and prevent the worst of the 'do I still have any toes?' thing! And cheap.
As for 'waterproof' gloves . . . there's a contradiction in terms if ever there was. Bark busters, ugly mitts on the 'bars, or a fairing of some sort . . . only answers!
Happy Winter Riding!
Back in a previous life, when a bike was my only means of transport and I rode it all year round, I had a pair of Belstaff waxed cotton over-mitts. Being mittens and big enough to go over my normal gloves, they were a bit cumbersome and being waxed cotton, they tended not to grip the throttle too well, but they were wind and waterproof. Over my normal gloves, they kept my hands a lot warmer and made winter riding less of a chore.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I find that my old R100RT is the best thing there is for a warm and dry winter run out in any conditions - sometimes I even have to open the air vents :)

Steve
Jdraper

Post by Jdraper »

Still battling the elements. I found the horrible handlebar overmitts were very effective..
Shobba0019.jpg
Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.