Girlings

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Stan Palmer

Girlings

Post by Stan Palmer »

Hi chaps, in a post recently re-opened there is a link girling5.pdf to a page of the Girling catalog. It covered AJS machines. I am wondering if anybody has the link to the Triumph page ? Interested around 1967.
Stan
SPRIDDLER

Re: Girlings

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Stan. Are you thinking of this one for all marques in Christians Archive? It only goes up to '65 but may be of some help.

http://archives.jampot.dk/technical/Sus ... rques_.pdf
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Triumph Girling.jpg
Stan , these are the new Girlings offered by Wassell . Ive just fitted a set to my 1967 P11
what are you looking for year / model . PM if interested

They are the ones that I'm supplying Sussex section members now and they look very good otherwise i'd not fit to my own bikes !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Thanks for the replies, both tantalingly close. It's closer than I have ever been. I was looking for the length of Mountain Cub units 1967. Neither link specifically mentions the MC, but that model is badly documented in all respects. I have bought 12.9 units, the same as were fitted when I bought the bike, but have not been able to verify that they are correct.
Stan
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

the new Girlings are adjustable on length +/- 5 mm from the quoted length and obviously for spring preload
ajsph

Post by ajsph »

Triumph 1.pdf
Triumph 2.pdf
Regards Poul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Left side.jpg
Thanks Poul, another very useful link. It doesn't list the Mountain Cub, It seems these were mostly produced for the USA after BSA took over cub production at Smallheath(BSA used Bantam frames etc.) I suspect Triumph may have continued to build Mountain Cubs at Meriden, using older parts such as the original frame. I think the engines stayed at Triumph anyway, but not sure. The longest shock length listed in the link is 11.9" which is what I bought (I thought I had 12.9, as on the bike when it came over, but they do look too tall).