Push Miles

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Mick D

Push Miles

Post by Mick D »

Hi

My question is prompted by a junk mail from PJ Insurance drawing attention to the National Motorcycle Museum raffle of a 1979 T140 with 'only 11 push miles' on the clock :o :o

Am I expected to believe this bike has never been ridden and only pushed for 11 miles? Who the ---- would push a bike for 11 miles, and if they did, who would think this is a good product endorsement of a machine that is designed to run under it's own motive power??

Regards Mick, (in a bit of a cynical mood) ;) ;)
SPRIDDLER

Re: Push Miles

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Mick D wrote:Hi

Who the ---- would push a bike for 11 miles,......... ;)
It would be just a couple of Jampot rally runs for Dudley.

:rofl:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Mmmm. Roughly 40 yards a week :roll: Im with Mick on this one. I do remember having to push a Triumph 21 about 8 miles home one night back in the 70s - Ive never had a Triumph since ;)

Steve
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

You always end up pushing a Triumph more than riding it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
steve_mcqueen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
clive

Post by clive »

more to the point have you seen how many of their bikes the Motorcycle Museum are selling off through Bonham's on the 11th and 12th Dec. Quite a few AMC. Seems a shame they need to do that because of lost business in their conference centre which apparently supports the museum. Overpriced examples too from the estimates given, with 25% buyers premium on top of your bid.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Recovery AA (640x505).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

He couldn't push Spriddler, he hasn't got any legs ! They were extras with the small bikes I think.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

clive wrote:more to the point have you seen how many of their bikes the Motorcycle Museum are selling off through Bonham's on the 11th and 12th Dec. Quite a few AMC. Seems a shame they need to do that because of lost business in their conference centre which apparently supports the museum. Overpriced examples too from the estimates given, with 25% buyers premium on top of your bid.
35 more at H&H on the 19th at the Museum time must be hard.
Roy
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

G15 Roy wrote:
Are they bikes they've bought in the past or ones that have been donated or received as bequests?

Stan Palmer wrote:He couldn't push Spriddler, he hasn't got any legs ! They were extras with the small bikes I think.
:D
I hadn't spotted that, Stan. The pic is from an AMC sales poster.
clive

Post by clive »

G15 Roy wrote:
clive wrote:more to the point have you seen how many of their bikes the Motorcycle Museum are selling off through Bonham's on the 11th and 12th Dec. Quite a few AMC. Seems a shame they need to do that because of lost business in their conference centre which apparently supports the museum. Overpriced examples too from the estimates given, with 25% buyers premium on top of your bid.
i wonder what is going to be left to look at, the original concept was to have some basic bikes as well as the exotica.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix