Christmas Preparations

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Groily

Re: Christmas Preparations

Post by Groily »

Stan Palmer wrote:Must be psychological but I find my hearing is affected when I wear a mask. I try several times to hear, say, a shop assistant and then pull the mask off and I can hear. Thought at first it was because I couldn't believe the price they were asking, but it's the same when buying priced items. It's the simple mask with loops going over the ears.
Stan
Mine too. I think it is because lip-reading is far more important than we sometimes think.
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Glad to hear I'm not alone, the lip reading connection is plausible. Noticed on TV films when the sound is out of synch with the visual that it is often harder to follow.
Roy, it probably would improve my singing, it certainly couldn't make it worse !

Stan
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Could not find the Rain X, but I may buy some of the Rain X Anti Fog in the New Year when hopefully the Postal service will be working as normal.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Just looked at the feedback on Rain X anti fog, apparently it's very difficult to remove, so I won't be trying it on my specs!
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

I always found a small dab of swarfega rubbed into the back of a visor keeps it clear for ages - probably works for specs as well. Basically any soapy film on the glass/plastic will help to prevent a fog build up.
Corners like a Lego man
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

The masks do not seal around the nose. Get some of that white surgical tape, its very sticky. Stick a strip on the outside of the mask leaving about 6 m.m. over hang to stick on your nose and area. Air going through this area steamed up my glasses and also made my eyes water. Breathe in through your nose and gently out of your mouth. This will also help stop breathlessness.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Iron Head wrote:Well I've just spent most of the day cleaning the oven,
Don't let the turkey see you doing it.
Christmas dinner.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'